Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-07-2010, 09:26 AM   #1
Knuckles McGinty
Knuckles McGinty began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Smile Too Many Covers, Too Many T O C's

The EPUB files I build (Times New Roman and Verdanna fonts with a hyperlinked table of contents and numerous jpeg's) from HTML's using Sigil are absolutely beautiful in Calibre. Much more attractive than the PRC files I have in my Kindle for PC. Still, two small problems remain:

1. Upon importing my EPUB into Calibre, Calibre adds a duplicate cover which is cut off at the bottom. What settings do I use to stop Calibre from adding a second cover?

2. When I use Calibre to convert an EPUB to a MOBI file. Calibre inserts a second table of contents at the back of the book. What settings do I use for the conversion process which will turn off this process?
Knuckles McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:57 AM   #2
cjallan
Enthusiast
cjallan doesn't littercjallan doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
That second Table of Contents is my problem, also.

I build my Table of Contents in Word, and it appears properly where I insert it, but I am also getting a second copy at the end of the finished eBook.

I really love what calibre does for me (and yes, I showed my appreciation with a donation), except for that extra toc... or part of a toc... at the end of the book.

I thought about just telling the reader that it was an additional help in navigation, but that won't work, since some times it is not a complete working copy, so it is confusing for the reader.

CJ
cjallan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2010, 12:22 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Look under the MOBI Output conversion options. But be aware that turning off that Table of Contents is not a good idea. It means that the got to table of contents action on the Kindle will not work. Your readers will complain about that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:34 PM   #4
cjallan
Enthusiast
cjallan doesn't littercjallan doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Ok...

I solved half my problem by setting the "how many links" option higher... that's why I was getting only half a TOC.

I now have two working copies of the Table of Contents, but since it's a long complicated book, I can manage that.

Thanks!

CJ
cjallan is offline   Reply With Quote