Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-23-2010, 03:09 PM   #76
jqqofgsm
jqqofgsm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2i
Asian Character font package

Thanks to NiLuJe, now I have a font package which supports chinese character. I tried it out on my Kindle 2i, and it worked. I put it in the attachment for download.
Attached Files
File Type: rar DroidSansFallback1.rar (8.35 MB, 2531 views)
File Type: rar DroidSansFallback2.rar (8.35 MB, 2380 views)
jqqofgsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:24 PM   #77
darthjoey
Enthusiast
darthjoey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.darthjoey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.darthjoey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.darthjoey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2 - International
So I'm having issues with getting the hack to install and it's been since you updated whatever was wrong with it.

I keeps showing up as successful, but when I go to Settings, my Kindle says 2.53 (blah) + SS 0.4. Am I having issues because I have the screensaver hack on?

EDIT: Figured out what i did wrong. Involved not making a linkfonts folder.

EDIT 2: Got it to work and figured out why I thought it hadn't. Apparently it doesn't say anything on the Settings page

I also think this is better than last font hack with the ability to make your font.

Last edited by darthjoey; 06-23-2010 at 03:42 PM.
darthjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:46 PM   #78
cloudyvisions
Enthusiast
cloudyvisions is on a distinguished road

Device: Amazon Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Done. Added to the second post.

And now, sleeeeep, before I start shuffling along asking for BRAAAAIIINS!
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!
cloudyvisions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:20 PM   #79
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthjoey View Post
EDIT 2: Got it to work and figured out why I thought it hadn't. Apparently it doesn't say anything on the Settings page

I also think this is better than last font hack with the ability to make your font.
Yep, it doesn't change the version tag, unless you put a custom prettyversion.txt in linkfonts/bin/
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:59 PM   #80
jeanniespc
jeanniespc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Nook, Sony PRS300
Font hack

I have got the font hack on my Kindle 2-US but when I try to put the Georgia to in the Linkfont/Font folder and go back to try to do a restart I cant. I click the Menu button and cant get it to do anything.
jeanniespc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:37 PM   #81
jeanniespc

font hack for Kindle 2US

I couldnt get the font hack to work on my Kindle....I still have the default font that comes with the Kindle.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:03 PM   #82
NogDog
Noggin (1998-2011)
NogDog began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanniespc View Post
I have got the font hack on my Kindle 2-US but when I try to put the Georgia to in the Linkfont/Font folder and go back to try to do a restart I cant. I click the Menu button and cant get it to do anything.
Try a hard restart: hold the on/off slider switch in the on position for 30-40 seconds until the unit starts to reboot, at let it complete the restart.
NogDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:03 PM   #83
jeanniespc

Font hack

Ok I got the font hack working but I still can not get the Georgia 2 font to work.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:09 PM   #84
jeanniespc

Thank you so much NogDog....that worked.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:10 PM   #85
jeanniespc

I have my Georgia 2 font hack back....I am so happy.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:34 PM   #86
jglerner
Connoisseur
jglerner doesn't litterjglerner doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3g (US), KT & PaperWhite, Nook ST
Funny thing, actually oddly enough, I had my font hack yesterday almost straightly.
Today I've tried to do the same on DW's Kindle 2i. This time I used two different 64b W7 at office at no avail. Just can't imagine why this has happened.
I have tried five or six times on each computer and I'm sure I had the last files, the later ones.
As soon as I arrived home I succeeded on my first try in a 32b W7. For testing purposes I brought with me the files I have used at office.
Just a thought... I can't figure why.
I noted too, I didn't have any string added showing I have a SS and a font hack installed as I acknowledged on NiLuJe's Kindle (Don't Panic!).

Last edited by jglerner; 06-23-2010 at 09:57 PM.
jglerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:05 PM   #87
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@jglerner: Err, unless your favorite app to unpack zip files behave very very strangely, your host OS shouldn't have any impact whatsoever.

And, yeah, by default there's no custom prettyversion.txt shipped, so, that means no custom version tag on the Settings page, but if you want a pretty/funny one, you'll find your current one in the linkfonts/backups folder. If you copy an edited version of it to linkfonts/bin, it'll be picked instead of the system's one on your next reboot.

I wouldn't try to add a very long string to it, though, since the 2.5 update and the page counter, we've got a lot less space here, and I don't know if the software gracefully handles a string too long to fit on this one line.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:44 PM   #88
jglerner
Connoisseur
jglerner doesn't litterjglerner doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3g (US), KT & PaperWhite, Nook ST
@NiLuJe:

You're right, I think. Both 64b W7 have different unpack zip programs than my 32 W7 at home, don't think it's important to name them on this forum, I will research your point and, if important, let you know.
Thanks again for your efforts.

Merci beaucoup!

Jacques
jglerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:10 AM   #89
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@jglerner: Unless W64 also does weird things with FAT USB mounts, messing up the casing of filenames for example.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:01 AM   #90
IxiaAurea
Connoisseur
IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Kobo Glo
@NiLuJe
Thanks for your reply. I used the georgia font. Are the collection titles meant to be an italic georgia because it is the default one. TIA
IxiaAurea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet