Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 01-03-2008, 09:38 PM   #1
giedre
Connoisseur
giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Sony 500,505, Kindle, 1150
Windows Vista

It seems that the Iliad and all the software for it is supported only in Windows XP? Or maybe I'm just missing something??
giedre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:50 PM   #2
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by giedre View Post
It seems that the Iliad and all the software for it is supported only in Windows XP? Or maybe I'm just missing something??
The iLiad acts like any UMS device: you can transfer files on it using any OS.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2008, 09:46 AM   #3
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
The companion software on the PC isn't required in order to use the iLiad, it just makes some tasks a little easier. You can still do almost everything you need to manually. IE, connect the iLiad via the USB cable and drag+drop files, or else sync over the network via shared directories. Both work fine on Vista.

I think the only functionality that you need the companion software for is if you want to merge scribbles/notes back into the main PDF document. I could be wrong, but I don't know of an alternative way to do that without their software.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:09 AM   #4
smp_iliad
Connoisseur
smp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-books

Device: KindleDX, iPhone3Gs
There is a separate program that merges scribbles into pdf document.
That program runs on Vista fine.
smp_iliad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:30 PM   #5
giedre
Connoisseur
giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Thanks all for the info. It's just when I tried to connect the Iliad to my Vista PC it said it was looking for a driver for it and then, that one couldn't be found. So, went back to my XP laptop and am trying to get things going on there.
Advert
Old 01-30-2008, 01:39 PM   #6
giedre
Connoisseur

Link for hot fix for Windows Vista and USB ports not recognizing certain devices {iPod, thumb drives, Iliad} I installed this and now my Iliad shows up!!
This is a really long link, so if it does not work just go to the Microsoft forums and type in Vista USB.
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...=en-us&m=1&p=1
Old 04-11-2008, 04:39 AM   #7
TomBolini
ebooks distributor
TomBolini doesn't litterTomBolini doesn't litter

Device: HP2710p iLiad Cybook Sony 505 Kindle DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by giedre View Post
Link for hot fix for Windows Vista and USB ports not recognizing certain devices {iPod, thumb drives, Iliad} I installed this and now my Iliad shows up!!
Tried to install the fix, but got a "update unavailable for your system". I've a Vista Business edition. Any clue? My notebook can't still recognize my iLiad!

AT
TomBolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 01:53 AM   #8
allmadden21
allmadden21 began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad; Sony prs-500
how did you get the iliad to sync with with your computer wirelessly? I cannot get this to work with vista
allmadden21 is offline   Reply With Quote