Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-09-2008, 03:05 AM   #46
kran
kran began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Do the buttons work well on your iLiads ?

EDIT : Eureka ^^ ! I had problems because there was no TOC in my epub files... However, I still have problems with undo/redo, and sometimes I can't quit FBReader (unless I reboot )

Last edited by kran; 06-09-2008 at 06:06 AM.
kran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:28 PM   #47
mg2000
mg2000 began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
UTF-8 Support?

I'm using Korean.

When I use FBReader 0.8.4, I have no problem.

But When I installed 0.8.14, I can't read UTF-8 txt files.

I changed default font to my truetype fonts in ui.xml, but I can't read files.

Do you have any solution?
mg2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:04 PM   #48
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
If the font is ok, then probably the problem is with the encoding - which is set per book. In 0.8.14 (e.g. on a Linux Desktop) I think there is a "language" tag (there definately is on 0.8.17) which allows setting of the default encoding and an option for automatic encoding detection. However, I don't know how these are represented in ui.xml.

Have you tried converting to a format that includes the encoding? This may be as simple as using HTML with charset=utf-8:

Code:
<head>
        <meta http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
</head>
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 11:04 AM   #49
christz
christz began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
Thumbs up Thank you!

I just wanted to thank Adam B. for porting FBReader to the Iliad. I have just installed Version 0.8.14 of the program on my Iliad (running firmware version 2.12). It installed without any problem an runs fine.
christz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:45 PM   #50
M@rcel
Connoisseur
M@rcel began at the beginning.

Device: Irex iLiad
I tried to read the attached plucker-file with fbreader, but an error screen popped up (also attached).

Any clues?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iLiad_080902_224237.png
Views:	698
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	15934  
Attached Files
File Type: pdb 15975.pdb (430.6 KB, 613 views)
M@rcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:03 PM   #51
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@rcel View Post
I tried to read the attached plucker-file with fbreader, but an error screen popped up (also attached).
The problem is that a .pdb file can contain several ebook formats and the standard registry associates this extension with the MobiPocket Reader (which can't read Plucker ebooks). I suggest updating the registry, as in Post 40, and then putting each plucker file into its own .zip file. FBReader should open the .zip and read the Plucker contents.

This particular Plucker file seems to just be a single HTML file plus images, and if that is the case a .zip of the original HTML+IMAGES would also work. The advantage of Plucker is that it can aggregate a full HTML tree into a single file.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:27 PM   #52
M@rcel
Connoisseur
M@rcel began at the beginning.

Device: Irex iLiad
Fantastic! It works!

Thanks!
M@rcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:07 PM   #53
romanas
Enthusiast
romanas began at the beginning.

Device: Irex iLiad ebook edition, DR1000s
Hello, im new iliad owner and i want to install Integrated FBReader 0.8.14 with ePub and Registry Support.
I did all like it was said in noobies thread and installed fbreader standalone. It works well. Later i downloaded fbreader.zip from first post in this thread but when i push to install it after few seconds screen goes white and after that i can see folder fbreader. nothing happens. I have book edition software 2.12.1.
Please help me.
romanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:30 AM   #54
Fermthe
Connoisseur
Fermthe began at the beginning.

Device: Prs-500/Iliad v2
fbreader

Another great job as always thanks again Adam
Fermthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:53 PM   #55
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
I just found that toolbar and key-mapping of fbreader are all configurable. FBReader has defined a set of actions that are linkable to toolbar-butons and keys. Read (and modify) "toolbar.xml" and keymap.xml" in /usr/share/FBReader/default, users can add an icon to toolbar, link a predefined action to that icon, or link an action to a key press. It's strange that such convenient feature is not documented.
I am sure that it works for v0.8.17. And it should work for v0.8.14 as well.

Last edited by ericshliao; 12-08-2008 at 12:58 PM.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:06 PM   #56
wallcraft
reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
I just found that toolbar and key-mapping of fbreader are all configurable. FBReader has defined a set of actions that are linkable to toolbar-butons and keys. Read (and modify) "toolbar.xml" and keymap.xml" in /usr/share/FBReader/default, users can add an icon to toolbar, link a predefined action to that icon, or link an action to a key press. It's strange that such convenient feature is not documented.
I am sure that it works for v0.8.17. And it should work for v0.8.14 as well.
The usual way to bind an option to a key press is via the Keys tab under the options (crossed-tools) icon. There isn't much formal documentation, but see my Visual Tour of FBReader on a Pepper Pad 3. This is for the very old 0.8.3c, but the PP3 runs the "desktop" version of FBReader just like the iLiad does. I think the icon adding stuff is relatively new, and may only be available via the xml files.

For 0.8.14 there is the added problem of no access to icons. It is possible to edit the xml files though, see Update Settings for FBReader 0.8.14.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:20 AM   #57
aguillon
aguillon began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad Book Edition
Hi Adam and gang,

Am new at the Iliad, just got myself an Iliad Book Edition which runs 2.12.1

Downloaded the shell hack and the latest version of FBreader from here. Did amend the install script to accept 2.12.1 (wouldn't install otherwise). Install completed and epub files now seemed playable (ie icons are no more an X).

I next tried to read a ePub file I had downloaded from French site Fnac: the screen just went blank and nothing happened.

Tried to convert the epub file by using the mobigen command line converter but I got an error message 'no BODY tag found in content file'. File reads perfectly from Adobe Digital Editions.

Any advice/pointer anyone?
aguillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 07:50 AM   #58
aguillon
aguillon began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad Book Edition
I guess I found the answer myself: the ePub file is DRMed. Tried to convert it using Calibre and get the same problem.

I guess this means I m stuck reading my book on the PC for the time being ...
aguillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:56 PM   #59
herbalist
Enthusiast
herbalist began at the beginning.

Device: nokia 770, Irex Iliad
thank you, it works very well and nicely integrated into the content lister. However, there's small problem when reading epub files i.e. the backflip bar doesn't work (not able to go back one page) sometimes. Exiting the app and rebooting will fix the problem. Other than that, it is just that lazy user like myself really miss the configuration menu as in the standalone fbreader.

Thanks again!
herbalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #60
mortimer7
Connoisseur
mortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iLiad, Kobo Aura 6"
Hi,
how do I uninstall it? (I would install the new version: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48333)

Thank you.
mortimer7 is offline   Reply With Quote