Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-01-2011, 10:36 AM   #1
msxman
Enthusiast
msxman began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox, kindle 2
kobo customer care

I've seen people complain that they can't get service when they contact kobo but I don't see why. I've called twice- once with a technical problem and once with a question, and both times there was nothing for hold time and they were very helpful. Even emailed me the answer that saved me and what had happened in case I forget and it happens again.

Just want people afraid to buy to know that their phone support (at least from the 2 I called) was good.

For the record, my problem was that it wouldn't turn on. Turns out I'd left it plugged in too long and had to hold the power button down for 6-8 seconds, then let go and hold it for another 3. Hope I didn't ruin my battery!
msxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:00 PM   #2
Jesslynne
Zealot
Jesslynne doesn't litterJesslynne doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Mini
Their email service seems good now as well, I just emailed them last night and they got back to me this morning. I shall be exchanging my defective vox for a new one.
Jesslynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:17 PM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I think the changes they made recently are really showing. The folks at the new call centre seem to have really stepped up to the plate, the new data centre has made a huge difference in terms of tracking customer care incidents, and they have more Tier 2 folks. That being said, I expect they will be overwhelmed by the sheer number of calls and contacts post Xmas.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:03 PM   #4
paulsparrow
paulsparrow began at the beginning.

Device: vox
I just made two calls for an issue I have. Both times calls were answered very quickly however the first one had a lady who barely spoke english and our conversation had to be repeated more then originally spoken. She didn't understand my simple issue and so she created a trouble ticket that is completely wrong.

The second person was very good however both of them were not able to help me out and had to push the tickets to tier two support. Now I wait.
paulsparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:44 PM   #5
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
My experience with tech support has been nothing short of a nightmare.

I want to return my Vox. It has the battery life shorter than the attention span of my 3yo. I called customer "support" and I use the word support under protest. I was told I had to talk to technical support to get a RMA number. But I couldn't actually TALK to them. I had to wait for them to email me. At their convenience. Instead of addressing my desire to return they told me to do everything I had already done and bizarrely wanted a screen shot of my Kobo for reasons I can't fathom. I answered each email with, "I would like to return this item, please send me an RMA number." They haven't answered me back since December 9th. I called again today to try and return this and was told they can't help me I need to wait for a response from technical support.

So I am now on the phone with my credit card company and will "return" the Vox that way. If Kobo wants this back they should email me an RMA number and shipping label ASAP.

And if anyone is looking I got a refurbished Samsung Galaxy Tab on Woot. Exactly what I wanted!
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:20 PM   #6
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Judging from your story (and your sig -- where it appears you've been trading and selling other devices you don't like) you sound like a 'try it before you buy it' kinda gal. You should have bought your Vox at Best Buy or Future Shop if this is the case. Much easier to do a return for refund this way. Returning to Kobo sounds like an effing nightmare. Good luck with that!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:10 PM   #7
paulsparrow

I'll update my tech support story. I have now had endless emails and phone call conversations with Kobo and they just keep going. Yes they are quick to answer the phone. No they never solve your problem. Yes they do send you emails. No they never fix your problem. and so on and so on.

My story is this.

1. Tried PressReader and a local paper.
2. Subscribed to the paper through Kobo website
3. Paper stopped coming
4. Phone tech support. Confirmed I had subscription. Couldn't solve problem and passed on to level two
5. Never got an answer back so phoned back. This time tech support says I don't have subscription.
6. Tech support emails me link for subscription (direct to newspaper)
7. Order paper from tech support link
8. Get charged by paper and subscription works
9. Days later charged by Kobo for subscription as well (costs more too).
10. Contact tech support. Cant help me and passed it on to level two
11. Email from tech support says I have only one subscription
12. Email tech support both receipts
13. Tech support emails me saying they haven't heard from me (despite the auto reply back that they received my email)
14. Again wrote back tech support and attached original email and both receipts.
15. Tech support responded that I do have two subscriptions and to cancel one.
16. Phone tech support. Asked for refund on Kobo subscription that I didn't order. They tell me they have to have tech support email me that

And so it goes on and on with no one there knowing what they are doing....Although it was initial great that I could call and not be on hold it would actually be better holding and getting my problem fixed the first time. Seems all Kobo did was hire a bunch of front line support people that can't do anything but take down notes and pass them along.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #8
paulsparrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsparrow View Post
I'll update my tech support story. I have now had endless emails and phone call conversations with Kobo and they just keep going. Yes they are quick to answer the phone. No they never solve your problem. Yes they do send you emails. No they never fix your problem. and so on and so on.

My story is this.

1. Tried PressReader and a local paper.
2. Subscribed to the paper through Kobo website
3. Paper stopped coming
4. Phone tech support. Confirmed I had subscription. Couldn't solve problem and passed on to level two
5. Never got an answer back so phoned back. This time tech support says I don't have subscription.
6. Tech support emails me link for subscription (direct to newspaper)
7. Order paper from tech support link
8. Get charged by paper and subscription works
9. Days later charged by Kobo for subscription as well (costs more too).
10. Contact tech support. Cant help me and passed it on to level two
11. Email from tech support says I have only one subscription
12. Email tech support both receipts
13. Tech support emails me saying they haven't heard from me (despite the auto reply back that they received my email)
14. Again wrote back tech support and attached original email and both receipts.
15. Tech support responded that I do have two subscriptions and to cancel one.
16. Phone tech support. Asked for refund on Kobo subscription that I didn't order. They tell me they have to have tech support email me that

And so it goes on and on with no one there knowing what they are doing....Although it was initial great that I could call and not be on hold it would actually be better holding and getting my problem fixed the first time. Seems all Kobo did was hire a bunch of front line support people that can't do anything but take down notes and pass them along.
Update:
17. Kobo emails back saying I have a subscription and points me to where to cancel it.
18. Write back to Kobo again asking them to reimburse me for subscribing me when they told me I didn't have a subscription.
19. They write back that they can't refund. (even though it's there fault).

Worst customer support I have ever experienced in my life and that includes telco's, hi-tech companies etc.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:15 PM   #9
Kboland
Zealot
Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, iPod Touch, Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Wow, that's quite the ringer you've been through paulsparrow. And companies still wonder why customers venture into the dark world of digital piracy.
Kboland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #10
kklee
kklee is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox
Just adding my tale of support woes.

I've had an incident open since Oct 27th involving a Vox pre-order that still has not been resolved.

Another incident involving books that went missing from My Library/Purchased has slowly made progress, but involves constantly explaining the issue in every email exchange. It took several exchanges before they understood the problem.

With both incidents, the only way I've made any progress was to open a thread on getsatisfaction and update it after each email exchange. My email replies appear to go unread until I mention in the thread that I'm not getting any replies. Then magically, something happens.
kklee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:29 PM   #11
benn44b
benn44b began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
Thumbs down Subscription to G&M a joke

I'd like to add my 2 cents when it comes to subscriptions, namely, to the Globe and Mail.

I don't even know anymore how many issues I've had. Everytime I don't receive my subscription, I get a email saying: "You did not receive your paper. We'll extend your subscription by X days". Well, I now have about 5 weeks of free G&M subscription coming my way.
And today, I received an email saying they could not process the latest subscription fee on my credit card (no way), so they are cancelling my subscription! By the way, no mention of those extra 5 weeks of "free" newspapers that I paid for and never got. Zilch.

Joke.
benn44b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:09 PM   #12
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
There have been a few posts from Darrel @ Kobo giving a contact eMail of KOBOExecutiveCare@kobo.com

Might well be worth while following up with them.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:16 AM   #13
BWinmill
Nameless Being

I haven't dealt with Kobo directly, but I've found that using concise and precise language while describing a problem usually results in quick resolutions. That's even true when dealing with customer service departments that people complain about.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #14
benn44b
benn44b began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
Kobo Globe & Mail subscription

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
There have been a few posts from Darrel @ Kobo giving a contact eMail of KOBOExecutiveCare@kobo.com

Might well be worth while following up with them.
Does that mean that the regular customer service is sub-par? Will they treat their customers better when people contact the executive care?
benn44b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #15
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by benn44b View Post
Does that mean that the regular customer service is sub-par?
In my experience yes, it's sub-par to pretty much any other ebook seller out there.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
customer service, kobo, power, support, vox