Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-03-2009, 04:51 PM   #1
aelkaim
aelkaim doesn't litteraelkaim doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
Problem with French accents, converting HTLM (ISO8859-1) to LRF

Hello !

My problem deals with French accent after conversion of HTLM source.

I understood that I had to enter the source code of the text and so I got the list of aliases from the python website.
I tried to enter all of them (corresponding to ISO-8859-1) in the "Look and Feel" section: latin, latin1, L1, iso8859-1....... Always the same bad result.

Does anyone know the solution ?

Thanks !
Alexandre
aelkaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 04:58 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
it would be helpful to see some of the text you are trying to convert, and the result in the lrf. can you attach a screenshot perhaps ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2009, 05:01 PM   #3
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Could it be that the french "accents" are not written as special HTML characters? For example it should be ç for a ç in source code and the language in the HTML file should be fr.

Oh, et bienvenu au sein de notre belle communauté.

Last edited by mtravellerh; 01-03-2009 at 05:03 PM.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:03 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelkaim View Post
My problem deals with French accent
Why do you have a French accent? Perhaps this is due to you being a native speaker or French? People tell me I have a "Boston" accent down here in Florida. But, I tell them I sound nothing like Bostonians. My accent is certainly a Rhode Island accent.

BOb

pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:07 PM   #5
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Why do you have a French accent? Perhaps this is due to you being a native speaker or French? People tell me I have a "Boston" accent down here in Florida. But, I tell them I sound nothing like Bostonians. My accent is certainly a Rhode Island accent.

BOb

You are a very naughty man to tease new members, pilotbob.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2009, 05:09 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
You are a very naughty man to tease new members, pilotbob.
Thanks. I do what I can.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:21 PM   #7
aelkaim

Things happen too fast :-D
I cannot fallow.

To Bob: I just love your humour :-D
To patricia: Thanks for standing up for me ;-)
To mtravellerh: merci pour ton accueil !

Here are the screenshots of what I get:

The original document:
http://idisk.mac.com/aelkaim-Public/...=download+5645

What I get with no particular setting:
http://idisk.mac.com/aelkaim-Public/...=download+7104

What I get with code "latin_1":
http://idisk.mac.com/aelkaim-Public/...=download+7376

I hope it will help you :-)

Alex
Old 01-04-2009, 05:11 AM   #8
aelkaim

I got it ! The problem came from the HTM to ZIP converter plug-in. Unactivated, conversions are just perfect !!
Old 01-04-2009, 05:30 AM   #9
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Quote:
I got it ! The problem came from the HTM to ZIP converter plug-in. Unactivated, conversions are just perfect !!
Nice detective work.
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 12:45 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Hmm that should not happen. Can you attach one the html files that causes this problem to a ticket on the calibre website.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote