Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-16-2015, 03:28 PM   #151
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Interesting.
brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 04:57 PM   #152
TimKGS
Book Reader
TimKGS began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 626 (Touch Lux 2)
brucelee, in the dictionary by pressing buttons google or wiki browser opens only.
So it should be?
Can we hope for the opportunity to search selected words in these services?

P.S. many thanks for your work
TimKGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 11:02 PM   #153
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Hmm.. That's right. I didn't test this feature for a while. It seems like FW5.7 doesn't even automatically start WiFi when launching the browser. I think this might be a firmware related thing. It should still work fine with FW4.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:19 AM   #154
TimKGS
Book Reader

Yeah, in FW4 I did not use a your CR, and FW5.5 behaved in the same way by tap buttons only run a browser.

Last edited by TimKGS; 05-19-2015 at 06:28 AM.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:01 AM   #155
brucelee
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimKGS View Post
brucelee, I think it is worth making exited StandBy not "touch", and the "swipe" as unlocking smartphones.
Get a full lockdown mode, instead of the standard, with the release without the help of the "power" button.
A top screen (cover) you can display a prompt that unlocks swipe.
How do you like the idea?
Thought about it a bit more.

I implemented this because I have a case for the reader and the device is set to turn off after 1 hour. So most of the time I just close the case cover and let it be. The stand by mode will turn off the light after 5 minutes and return to its initial state really fast when any input is received. So I'm not worried about unwanted input that may occur.

Now there's the situation you pointed out which seems to be necessary for those users not having a case for the reader. Well, a slide unlocker would be useful indeed but the problem is that it won't block all the buttons. The home button is system assigned and I can't override it through the app. That's because the event never reaches the app. Sooo basically, this isn't quite a real lock feature since pressing the home button still "unlocks" the device. I suppose the chances are not in favor of the button being randomly pressed but it can still happen and screw things around.

Last edited by brucelee; 05-21-2015 at 03:27 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:39 PM   #156
TimKGS
Book Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelee View Post
Thought about it a bit more.

I implemented this because I have a case for the reader and the device is set to turn off after 1 hour. So most of the time I just close the case cover and let it be. The stand by mode will turn off the light after 5 minutes and return to its initial state really fast when any input is received. So I'm not worried about unwanted input that may occur.

Now there's the situation you pointed out which seems to be necessary for those users not having a case for the reader. Well, a slide unlocker would be useful indeed but the problem is that it won't block all the buttons. The home button is system assigned and I can't override it through the app. That's because the event never reaches the app. Sooo basically, this isn't quite a real lock feature since pressing the home button still "unlocks" the device. I suppose the chances are not in favor of the button being randomly pressed but it can still happen and screw things around.
In principle, it is sufficient to block the screen. The buttons are pressed tightly.
Yes, and the current state is not clear - whether the device in stand by mode, or already off. On the screen in any case, cover and once again touching the screen to verify this. A bit uncomfortable.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:32 PM   #157
brucelee
Addict

Fair enough.
Old 05-29-2015, 04:47 AM   #158
Revilo42
Revilo42 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Sense
Which zip I can use for the Pocketbook sense?
Revilo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 06:32 AM   #159
ibat
Fool
ibat began at the beginning.

Device: HanLin V3, Cybook Odyssey HD, PocketBook PB626, PB632
Hi Brucelee,

Would it be possible to make words in the dictionary clickable/selectable?
Use case: one needs to lookup the words used in the explanations.
ibat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 06:50 AM   #160
brucelee
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revilo42 View Post
Which zip I can use for the Pocketbook sense?
pro5 because your device has firmware 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibat View Post
Would it be possible to make words in the dictionary clickable/selectable?
Yes, that would be a nice feature. I thought about it too.

Last edited by brucelee; 05-29-2015 at 08:02 AM.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:30 AM   #161
brucelee
Addict

v0.0.6-17-24
Quote:
- Updated French
- Updated Russian
- Updated German
- Updated Romanian
- Updated Czech (84%)
- Updated freetype to v2.6 (changelog)
- Standby mode is used only for touch devices
- Added package readme
Old 06-14-2015, 05:01 AM   #162
gillesit
gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Pocketbook 912 - Kobo AuraOne
The latest version pro2 does not work on my pb912, with this information: "Can not open the book. The book could be damaged or protected".
In italian :"Impossibile aprire il libro. Il libro potrebbe essere dannegiato o protetto".

Ciao
gillesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 03:20 AM   #163
brucelee
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillesit View Post
The latest version pro2 does not work on my pb912, with this information: "Can not open the book. The book could be damaged or protected".
In italian :"Impossibile aprire il libro. Il libro potrebbe essere dannegiato o protetto".

Ciao
If v0.0.6-17-23 worked for you with the same ebook then it might be some problem caused by freetype v2.6. That's the only thing that can affect books. All the other changes were merely "cosmetics". The thing is that this would break all the builds since it's not firmware specific.
Sooo... Are you sure you've tried opening the same ebook with v23 and v24? If yes, are there other users affected by some similar issue?
Old 06-16-2015, 03:55 AM   #164
brucelee
Addict

v0.0.6-17-25
Quote:
- Updated Chinese
Old 06-17-2015, 12:58 PM   #165
gillesit
gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Pocketbook 912 - Kobo AuraOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelee View Post
If v0.0.6-17-23 worked for you with the same ebook then it might be some problem caused by freetype v2.6. That's the only thing that can affect books. All the other changes were merely "cosmetics". The thing is that this would break all the builds since it's not firmware specific.
Sooo... Are you sure you've tried opening the same ebook with v23 and v24? If yes, are there other users affected by some similar issue?

The version I use now is the 0.0.6.17-21-602 the last that works, before it was renamed PRO2.
ciao
gillesit is offline   Reply With Quote