Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-17-2009, 02:04 PM   #1
lininjim
lininjim began at the beginning.

Device: prs505; prs600 - sold, iPad, Kindle 3
Purely a hello thread

Following the prompt from when I log in, I thought I would just stop by here to say hello.
I have had my ebook reader since Christmas, I got the red John Lewis one, and I love it to bits.
I have wanted an ebook reader for more years than I care to think about and have to say this is the best present ever (thanks, hubby)

I have the challenge of being a mac user so rely on Calibre, although it has its irritations, sorry, challenges, but still... I love my book reader.

Did I mention that I love my reader?

Anyway, I shall be off browsing the forums. See you in the threads.
lininjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:07 PM   #2
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Welcome to MobileRead, lininjim!
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2009, 02:20 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
welc.me to MobileRead, lininjim
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:32 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi lininjim and welcome to MobileRead. You have a good hubby. I've had a 505 for over a year and a half now and like it a lot. Be sure and check out all our free books plus the WIKI for details on borrowing from libraries

PS: Blue is better
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:33 AM   #5
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Hi lininjim and welcome to MobileRead. You have a good hubby. I've had a 505 for over a year and a half now and like it a lot. Be sure and check out all our free books plus the WIKI for details on borrowing from libraries

PS: Blue is better
Poor, misinformed cassidy! Silver is the one that rocks. but in any case, you have a great reader! welcome to the forum! I agree- library books are best!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2009, 12:32 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Don't listen to Grace. Why I was just in Hawaii and people kept coming up to me and saying, 'Yo bra, that's da kine reader! Much better than Grace's silver.'
Old 06-18-2009, 03:47 PM   #7
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Don't listen to Grace. Why I was just in Hawaii and people kept coming up to me and saying, 'Yo bra, that's da kine reader! Much better than Grace's silver.'
Hmm... and you wear hearing aids in, what, both ears? Oh, no, I see, they had fallen down in the sand while you were trying to make your funny colored reader behave! Ah, that explains it, bra....
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 04:02 PM   #8
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer

Hey, it really happened. Okay, well, it should have happened. Hmm, too many Mai Tais.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:04 PM   #9
Ham88
Zealot
Ham88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Ectaco Jetbook
WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ham88 is offline   Reply With Quote