Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-15-2011, 11:26 PM   #1
csy626
csy626 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
View PDF in Kobo issue

Hi,

I just got my Kobo yesterday and I am trying to view PDF on it. I have some Epub in a different language and I've tried converting them to PDF in Calibre, but only the first couple pages of text can be viewed, and the rest are blank in Kobo. All of the PDFs that are converted have this problem some can view more pages then others but none of them can be viewed entirely. However, When viewed these in Calibre or ADE, there is no problem.

Does anyone have idea about this problem? How do I solve it? Thank you!
csy626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:16 PM   #2
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Why would you convert a perfectly good E-pub into a PDF? Readers aren't really meant to read PDF's they are documents not books. As for the blank pages or black? I had that problem once as well, and I don't know how to fix it.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2011, 01:50 PM   #3
coinín
dust bunny
coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Sony PRS-650, BlackBerry PlayBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TERMINATOR View Post
Why would you convert a perfectly good E-pub into a PDF? Readers aren't really meant to read PDF's they are documents not books. As for the blank pages or black? I had that problem once as well, and I don't know how to fix it.
My guess would be because they're in another language. So far, Kobo only supports EPUB in English- but if you could convert them nicely into a PDF, they'd become an image file and it would no longer matter what language they are.
coinín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 08:28 PM   #4
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Ah OK thanks coinin
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote