Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-07-2012, 09:06 AM   #1
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
CSS problem, can someone help me ?

I hope I put this in the right forum part, I am dislectic.

I have a problem, many times I run into books where lines doesn't start on the left,and justify is on.
For now, the only thing is, open the book, see what line is not on the left, go into the .CSS and put the margin on 0, the text-indent to 0, and delete every line with text-align: justify;

My Problem is that I have to open every CSS and edit them manually.
Is there no way of a simple set of rules that I can put with copy and paste in the last part of the CSS that override all that settings.

So I open the book with sigil, go to the css, open it, go to the last line, and set the text-indent to zero, the text-align to left ?

Who can help me with this ?
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:21 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
There are many ways to set the margins in the CSS. Due to the nature of CSS, you must actually look in the CSS how it is done to 'fix' it.

Why don't you like margins and justify?
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:39 AM   #3
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
There are many ways to set the margins in the CSS. Due to the nature of CSS, you must actually look in the CSS how it is done to 'fix' it.

Why don't you like margins and justify?
I look in the CSS, and I know how to fix it, but I have to do this all by hand, so a simple set of overruling values that I can copy and paste to the bottom of a CSS is much more simple.
In my case, I have a special form of "dislectic's" I don't read a book actually, every centence is some kind of a picture to me, some people call it diagonal reading.
When I look at subtitles on a movie, I don't actually read it, but look to it as a picture.
This make a movie special, the subtitle are a part of the screen,they don't disturb me, and I read the centence in less then a second.
The same with a book, I watch centence bij centence and the story forms in my head.
The "jumping" centence's distract me, the same way justify does, they change the form of the centence make it much harder for me to "read" it.
My sony can put away the margins, but it doesn't look good, sometimes, overreacting now, you have 3 words that fills the whole line.
The way I read, I "watch" a page in about 10 seconds.
When I receive a letter, I watch it and okay, read it, done.
While my partner is spelling it out, I have "read" the letter 10 times.
Same with editing ebooks in Sigil, watch, hey that ; does not belong there, hey there is no space between the . and the next line.
It's a gift, but allso a big handicap if books are not made the way I "watch" them.
I hope with just one year english lessons that I made clear what I mean.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #4
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
If I am understanding you correctly, you would like each paragraph (or is it sentence) to begin at the left margin, with a blank line between each.

If this is so, I believe Calibre can accomodate this.

I know I change everyone of my ebooks to Left-Justify (my preference) with an indent for the paragraph. But Calibre can change it to Left or Full Justify and can, I believe, add or remove lines between paragraphs.

If you mean each sentence begins at the left margin, I'm not sure Calibre can do this automatically.

You could post a question in the Calibre forum.

Good luck to you.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #5
Nick_1964
Bookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
If I am understanding you correctly, you would like each paragraph (or is it sentence) to begin at the left margin, with a blank line between each.

If this is so, I believe Calibre can accomodate this.

I know I change everyone of my ebooks to Left-Justify (my preference) with an indent for the paragraph. But Calibre can change it to Left or Full Justify and can, I believe, add or remove lines between paragraphs.

If you mean each sentence begins at the left margin, I'm not sure Calibre can do this automatically.

You could post a question in the Calibre forum.

Good luck to you.

AJ
Totally correct, but without the empty line, I don't need that, Every centence must be at the left.
Sometimes you have a book like this (made something up now )
Code:
The truck arrives
They walk to the truck.
       Suddenly they hear a loud noise.
Where dit that came from ?
This line: Suddenly they hear a loud noise, makes me crazy.
I can do it with Calibre but that doesn't override the book settings, the only thing I can do then is totally erase the CSS and replace it with one in Calibre,but then you loose chapter settings too, I now use Calibre mor as a catalog tool,very handy indeed.

Last edited by Nick_1964; 02-07-2012 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Make it more clear.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:49 AM   #6
cjr72
Groupie
cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 6p, Nexus 10
Try this, at the bottom of the css file add:

Quote:
body
{
margin:0 !important;
text-align:left !important;
}

p
{
text-indent:0 !important;
}

For the text-indent this is assuming that the paragraphs are contained in the <p> tag. The '!important' is there to over-ride the settings set in the rest of the css.
cjr72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:02 AM   #7
Nick_1964
Bookworm

This did the trick, I humbly kiss your feet (eeks..cheese ) thank u very much, I can work this out into my own set !