Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-31-2008, 08:22 AM   #1
jeff363
jeff363 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Smile Preprocessing to PRS-505 from Calibre

Does the Calibre preprocess the books before it is loaded on the PRS-505 so that it does not have to do the formatting on the reader before it is opened for the first time?

If not, that would be a great feature. As much as I love the PRS-505, that is the one annoying thing is waiting for the book to load after the "Formatting" is done. On some books, it takes a while and others are quicker (depends on size, I believe).

Thanks.....Jeff

BTW - Calibre Rocks!!
jeff363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 09:56 AM   #2
Peto
Legal Alien
Peto doesn't litterPeto doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505/T1/Kindle PW2
Nope. I asked Kovid and it seems not an easy feature to achieve.

What we do is transfer the books to the Reader through the Sony Ebook Library. This software does the preprocessing on the PC before transferring.
Peto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 11:04 AM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peto View Post
What we do is transfer the books to the Reader through the Sony Ebook Library. This software does the preprocessing on the PC before transferring.
Of course, you can't do that if you have a Mac or Linux PC. Unless of course you have a Windows VM.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 12:12 PM   #4
Peto
Legal Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Of course, you can't do that if you have a Mac or Linux PC. Unless of course you have a Windows VM.
Mmmmmm... true, true
Old 05-31-2008, 12:25 PM   #5
jeff363

Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately, copying it from the Sony E-book software, I lose the book info (cover art, summary, name fixes, categories, etc) from the Calibre library. The Sony E-book software does not allow me to clean the book up like Calibre does.

Too bad that Calibre does not current offer that feature, but seeing what Kovid has done so far, I don't recon it will be long!

Jeff
Old 05-31-2008, 01:02 PM   #6
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Jeff--

I do my Book "cleaning" in Calibre and then save the file to disk. I load the saved file into the Sony Reader, which keeps all of the changes I've done in Calibre and then transfer that file using the Sony Reader.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 02:06 PM   #7
Peto
Legal Alien

Exactly. I didn't explain myself that well, did I...
Old 06-02-2008, 07:20 AM   #8
jeff363

Thank You....I did what you said and it worked, however, the collections did not seem to show up in the reader? They do when I move them directly from Calibre.

I think I will continue to drag from the Calibre to the reader and deal with the formatting as I open each new book....small price to pay to work with Calibre directly.

Thanks again....