Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-30-2012, 01:16 PM   #34756
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Juft came bacf from tha dentift office. Mah mouff hurds. Hadda tuffe pullt.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:35 PM   #34757
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenye View Post
Is the wifi kill a known problem with the PS3?

Eating chocolate cake with icing. YUM.
Apparently so. I am trying to manually configure the PS3 internet connections to overcome it. Although some posts say that it is the bluetooth wireless controllers causing the problem. If so, not sure how to fix that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
If you really wanted a scary avatar for Halloween, how about updating your pic with one of you smiling .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:47 PM   #34758
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Poor thing

I hope you have enough meds.

Right now I am getting ready to make a new cup of coffee and thinking I would like to be like shenye and eating chocolate cake with icing, so I could say, "YUM," too.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:49 PM   #34759
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
If you are in the States both your mouth and wallet must hurt

Quote:
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:17 PM   #34760
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Poor thing

I hope you have enough meds. ...
The dentist gave me a prescription for some goodies. I had it filled as soon as I left his office, but haven't needed to take any yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
If you are in the States both your mouth and wallet must hurt
Fortunately my wife and I are among the few here who have good health insurance, including dental plans, but those cost money. If I was in the situation of my son, grandson, ex-DIL, and all my immediate in-laws, I'd be screwed. The dentist recommends a bridge, and is checking my insurance before my next appointment.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:33 PM   #34761
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Thanking my lucky stars I have good toothy pegs. I have only ever had two fillings in my life. (three if you count the chip fill from the fall).

I go to the dentist about once every 10 years or so, and only had to to go earlier this year after falling off my treadlie and hitting the bitumen with my face. Even then I thought it was not to expensive - I had a full set of x-rays(in case of serious damage) my chipped tooth filled, and my teeth cleaned with ultrasonic (ouch). Less than $400.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:54 PM   #34762
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Can't sleep. Stuck with my thoughts. It's cold and dark outside. I'm gonna look so tired in the morning ...
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:13 AM   #34763
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Norton has decided to do something special for Halloween.

Spoiler:

Nortie as Marty Feldman

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 10-31-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:49 AM   #34764
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

not coming back to MR until all this scary stuff is finished! Bye.....
Old 10-31-2012, 02:33 AM   #34765
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

right now - trying to balance another experimental curry.

Coconut oil in pan, added smashed up onion, garlic, ginger and a little chilli. Dry spices = cumin, turmeric, black pepper, cardamom, coriander root and garam masala.

Added chick peas soaked all day, coconut cream, potatoes, red lentils (because I ran out of green ones - I guess they will dissolve in this), carrot and some vege stock. leaving out the broccoli until later. And I have some left over cooked brown rice I thought I might add??

It tastes sweetly of ginger at the moment - only just came to the boil. I am going back in half an hour to see if more cooking tastes better.

OK I know too much information, but it helps me remember what I did.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:09 AM   #34766
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Norton's costume reminded me of an old movie, The Last Remake of Beau Geste with Marty Feldman... no wait... Young Frankenstein, too.

Right now, I'm having fun reading through all the entries for our MobileRead's Tenth Birthday Giveaway!. Lots of great comments and suggestions.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:47 AM   #34767
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
The dentist gave me a prescription for some goodies. I had it filled as soon as I left his office, but haven't needed to take any yet.
?Needed? Oh well... I guess the '60's and '70's are officially over...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:20 PM   #34768
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Hmmmm .... we put a big box of candy on the front steps with a sign "Take One" - but there haven't been any trick-or-treaters around yet - and it's quite dark! What to do with all that candy?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:35 PM   #34769
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Oh! Oh! I know! Express UPS to dreams (especially any chocolate ones).

I don't expect any trick or treaters here. Most of the schools have fall carnivals and so do the churches, so many little ones are not out and about. Because we had so much candy left over for the last 3 years, I didn't even buy much this year, but a small bag.

Just sat down with a cup of coffee, chocolate animal cookies, and trying to decide which book to continue reading.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:51 PM   #34770
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Or I could put my Xena suit on and come visit. (This suit is getting awfully tight with all this chocolate.) Although, by the time I walk to your place, I bet the fit would be much better!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?