Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-28-2012, 03:24 PM   #34741
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Definitely cannot read pdf on the Kindle - tried once and it drove me mad. but then I don't have much call to, so generally not an issue. Reading comics would be nice, if i had a colour Kindle Fire. Again not something I would bother trying on the K3.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:39 PM   #34742
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
As I walked into the kitchen a few minutes ago, I saw something on my glasses. I took them off and found a teeny tiny spider lowering itself on a thread from the armpiece of my glasses. I snagged the thread with my finger and lowered him to the cabinet. I guess he would have built a web in my hair if I had stayed still long enough!
I've had similar experiences during yard work - I wear a wide-brimmed Tilley hat - and have often glanced up to see a spider dangling from its web in front of my face - off my hat brim! I'm not sure which one of us is more shocked when we go "eye to eye(s)"!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:42 PM   #34743
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Re-assessing my priorities. Wondering if what seems to matter is not actually irrelevant. Also wondering if the brain generates consciousness or if it is merely an interface for it ...
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:45 PM   #34744
shenye
Zealot
shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I've had similar experiences during yard work - I wear a wide-brimmed Tilley hat - and have often glanced up to see a spider dangling from its web in front of my face - off my hat brim! I'm not sure which one of us is more shocked when we go "eye to eye(s)"!
And thus Spider-Man was born.
shenye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:02 PM   #34745
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
How do you find the reading experience on the KF? There is a lot of commentary about that back-lit reading tires your eyes quickly. I am also unsure how it compares to the eInk experience?

I am contemplating either the KF HD or the Paperwhite for Christmas, and can't make up my mind. I'm not that bothered about the full tablet experience (surfing, videos etc.) thought they would be a nice-to-have. I am really just looking to upgrade my reading experience from the K3 I currently have.
Back-lit doesn't bother me, as I turn down the brightness and even will use the sepia when inside or at night. I also do like the carousel to flip through covers and see what is available to read.
I had to use it outside in bright light when my KK3 needed to be charged, so I turned the brightness all the way up and it was fine to read in bright sunlight. I worry less about the device when I am out and about, if I carry the KK3, but just because it cost less.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #34746
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks. I've got some hard thinking to do before Christmas. KF or PW .
Old 10-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #34747
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I've had similar experiences during yard work - I wear a wide-brimmed Tilley hat -
You meet the nicest people wearing a Tilley! I've had to write for more brag tags three times since I got mine. And have spent hours chatting with absolute total strangers all over the world just because to my Tilley. 6 years old, washed every week, and it still looks brand new! But I seem to get larger things landing on my glasses...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:53 PM   #34748
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Packing my gear for this week's trip to the Sea of Japan north of Kyoto for some seacoast and mountain photography. The camera gear alone weighs almost 12kg. Glad I don't have to carry it on my back all day! Four days worth of clothing (including some serious rain gear... storms due on Wednesday... But I'm booked into a nice hotel that has free WiFi, and I'm bringing my computer, so even if I get rained out I can sit back and play with the Internet. Of course I'm bringing my Sony 505 too. And a big bag of tea.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:12 PM   #34749
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Have fun Stitchawl and get some good photos for us.

Laundry seems to be taking forever today and I'm trying to decide what I will be in the mood for at dinner.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:09 PM   #34750
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Taking a break from knitting a scarf for my sister. I need to build up "knitting muscles" again, at the moment I can only knit for about half an hour at the time before my hands cramp up.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:11 PM   #34751
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
See? And they say us couch potatoes (but maybe you aren't one) don't get any exercise! Even knitting (or crocheting) requires exercising!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:01 PM   #34752
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thinking about my reader which I left at work cause that's where I mostly read. This way I don't have to worry about transporting it to and fro. But I miss it.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:13 PM   #34753
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
See? And they say us couch potatoes (but maybe you aren't one) don't get any exercise! Even knitting (or crocheting) requires exercising!
Couch potato I am, although lately more a bed potato since I've got a tv and media player for my bedroom. I've found knitting to be the perfect activity when watching tv, especially if what I'm watching isn't in a language I speak/understand and has subtitles like The Killing II which I'm currently watching.

At the moment I'm checking out what models eyeglasses are available at the store I have a subscription with, every month they direct debit €3 and every two years I can pick out new glasses, even with extra thin glasses like I need without extra cost, in December my eyeglass-cheque arrives.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:04 AM   #34754
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Packing my gear for this week's trip to the Sea of Japan north of Kyoto for some seacoast and mountain photography. The camera gear alone weighs almost 12kg. Glad I don't have to carry it on my back all day! Four days worth of clothing (including some serious rain gear... storms due on Wednesday... But I'm booked into a nice hotel that has free WiFi, and I'm bringing my computer, so even if I get rained out I can sit back and play with the Internet. Of course I'm bringing my Sony 505 too. And a big bag of tea.

Stitchawl
Have a great trip Stitchawl.

Right now I'm trying to stop the new PS3 I bought my daughter for her birthday last week from killing our home wi-fi. Every time she switches it on it stops any of our other mobile devices from accessing the Internet. This should probably be in the Vent & Rant thread, as it is turning into a right PITA.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:48 AM   #34755
shenye
Zealot
shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Is the wifi kill a known problem with the PS3?

Eating chocolate cake with icing. YUM.
shenye is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?