Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-27-2012, 12:57 PM   #34726
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I bought bottled water so we could make Lucas' formula. We have plenty of propane for the grill and can make good on that. We have a bunch of PB and soup as well. I need to charge the DX and extra batteries for the head lamp.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:19 PM   #34727
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Being indecisive about which tablet I want. My father's got a 10" and after testing I find that it becomes noticeably heavy after a while, so I want a 7". At the moment the Nexus 7 is a contender, but only if they release the 32GB for a nice price. But the Kindle Fire HD is also still in the running (if and when Amazon opens their Dutch store).

But first I have to get a new winter duvet. My thin summer duvet combined with my blanket isn't cutting it any more now it started freezing at night.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:20 PM   #34728
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
ProfCrash and pooh, I hope the weather doesn't end up as bad as they are predicting it to be. Stock up, charge up, and be safe.

I'm cleaning house and doing laundry, yuck.

Rumpelteazer - I have the Fire 1st gen and I love it. The case I have makes it easy to hold and read or whatever else. I still prefer my laptop for heavy internet usage, but when out and about, the Fire is nice. I am thinking about getting the Fire HD, but waiting to see if I really need the extras.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:55 PM   #34729
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
OK - I've completely lost my marbles .... I can't believe what I just did .... I'm protecting something that scares the beejeesus out of me! If I had touched the web whilst stringing up the Caution tape I would have had a coronary! Sigh ....

[I'm leaving the tape up until Halloween is over. With my luck, she will incorporate it into the web and I'll be stuck with it until she lays her egg sac and dies off at the end of fall. I'll probably be in tears then!]

I'm a big softie ...
Aw sweet! I relate, I really hate to kill anything. Although I don't want them inside for fear of them getting on me. haha. I even have a spider catching jar for catching them inside and putting them out. I take plenty of ribbing over it from friends... but ah well.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:52 PM   #34730
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I think I'm gonna start reading a Lovecraft short story. Don't feel like starting a new book this late at night.

For those who must know, it's "The Shadow over Innsmouth"
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:55 PM   #34731
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
That's a little too much info for me thanks, whatever Profcrash means

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
ProfCrash and pooh ...
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:17 PM   #34732
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Aw sweet! I relate, I really hate to kill anything. Although I don't want them inside for fear of them getting on me. haha. I even have a spider catching jar for catching them inside and putting them out. I take plenty of ribbing over it from friends... but ah well.
Ah - a fellow (unwilling) arachno-phile .... That's a good idea to have a jar ... just in case ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:46 PM   #34733
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Ah - a fellow (unwilling) arachno-phile .... That's a good idea to have a jar ... just in case ...
As I walked into the kitchen a few minutes ago, I saw something on my glasses. I took them off and found a teeny tiny spider lowering itself on a thread from the armpiece of my glasses. I snagged the thread with my finger and lowered him to the cabinet. I guess he would have built a web in my hair if I had stayed still long enough!
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:19 PM   #34734
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
poohbear_nc & sparklemotion, you're my kind of people. I also hate killing anything that isn't harming me. Even in the gazebo I've coaxed insects including wasps and bumblebees trapped inside onto my hand so I could transport them to safety; not to mention all the butterflies and beetles I've rescued. And I'm constantly rescuing insects that have fallen into the pool. I get ribbed sometimes at work because I'm known for carrying bugs and other crawling things out of the building rather than harm them. But mosquitoes, those green-headed biting flies, and other pests who have no other reason for living except to make my life miserable I'll squash without mercy.

Wasps are a special case. As long as they don't come after me, I don't go after them, but let one sting me and it's war on the entire colony.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:44 PM   #34735
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
<snip>
Wasps are a special case. As long as they don't come after me, I don't go after them, but let one sting me and it's war on the entire colony.
Bloke did the same thing last year. he allowed a wasp nest to be built for weeks, until one silly wasp stung him. Then it was war: "you, your mates, your children, can all burn!" They still build nests around the place - (why do they love lines so much?) and they are safe as long as nobody gets trigger happy.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:10 AM   #34736
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Bloke did the same thing last year. he allowed a wasp nest to be built for weeks, until one silly wasp stung him. Then it was war: "you, your mates, your children, can all burn!"...
Yup. That's pretty much me. Sounds like your bloke and I are on the same wavelength.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:50 AM   #34737
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Rumpelteazer - I have the Fire 1st gen and I love it. The case I have makes it easy to hold and read or whatever else. I still prefer my laptop for heavy internet usage, but when out and about, the Fire is nice. I am thinking about getting the Fire HD, but waiting to see if I really need the extras.
I'll probably won't be using the tablet to read on, at least not often. it's mostly for surfing, playing light games and watching movies when I'm on the go. Because of that I'm leaning towards the Nexus 7, because I've read that the Amazon app store is limited compared to Google's, also I have an Android phone and I would like to use the same apps.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:48 AM   #34738
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
I have the Fire 1st gen and I love it. The case I have makes it easy to hold and read or whatever else. I still prefer my laptop for heavy internet usage, but when out and about, the Fire is nice. I am thinking about getting the Fire HD, but waiting to see if I really need the extras.
How do you find the reading experience on the KF? There is a lot of commentary about that back-lit reading tires your eyes quickly. I am also unsure how it compares to the eInk experience?

I am contemplating either the KF HD or the Paperwhite for Christmas, and can't make up my mind. I'm not that bothered about the full tablet experience (surfing, videos etc.) thought they would be a nice-to-have. I am really just looking to upgrade my reading experience from the K3 I currently have.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:42 AM   #34739
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I have not had a problem reading on my iPad. I think some people are bothered while others are not
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:00 AM   #34740
shenye
Zealot
shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Most people agree that back-lit isn't as great as E Ink for long-term reads, yet E Ink devices are still inferior in some regards, making back-lit devices indispensable. When it's just about free flow text, nothing beats E Ink. Do you also read PDF documents with complex layout on your Kindle? I tried, I really did, but it didn't work for me. Too slow. Too little screen estate. A nightmare. So bad that it made me want to go back to a brick and mortar store and buy the real paper book.

OK, need to go fetch groceries.
shenye is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?