Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-12-2008, 09:15 AM   #1
Schmots
Connoisseur
Schmots began at the beginning.

Device: nook, prs-505, iphone
Format for HTML to reader

I have lots.. LOTS of books in .lit format. Some are edited like crap. I can explode all of them to access the htm and just zip the folder back up and use lib500 to convert.. but I don't always get a table of contents.. I don't always get formats the way I want. What is the best way to format htm for a book so that you have chapters and so on so forth. Is there a good guide to the tags? I couldn't find one on searching the forum.
Schmots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:51 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmots View Post
I have lots.. LOTS of books in .lit format. Some are edited like crap. I can explode all of them to access the htm and just zip the folder back up and use lib500 to convert.. but I don't always get a table of contents.. I don't always get formats the way I want. What is the best way to format htm for a book so that you have chapters and so on so forth. Is there a good guide to the tags? I couldn't find one on searching the forum.
Book Designer will help you get your formatting just right.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2008, 09:56 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
try lit2lrf. That might work better. And if that fails, load the LIT into Book Designer.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:02 AM   #4
Schmots
Connoisseur

I actually tried loading it into book designer and it wouldn't load. Maybe I was doing it wrong.. I will try again tonight.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:17 AM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
I actually tried loading it into book designer and it wouldn't load. Maybe I was doing it wrong.. I will try again tonight.
Every once in awhile I get a LIT that won't load directly into BD, but if you use ConvertLit to explode it the HTML should load.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2008, 08:20 PM   #6
Schmots
Connoisseur

welp.. don't have a copy of microsoft word for pc, being a mac user and all, so... still looking for the proper format for page break/title/chapter/bold/italic etc etc etc.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:24 PM   #7
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
welp.. don't have a copy of microsoft word for pc, being a mac user and all, so... still looking for the proper format for page break/title/chapter/bold/italic etc etc etc.
This is probably why Book Designer didn't work for you. It needs MS Word to be somewhere on the computer in order to function properly.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:08 PM   #8
Schmots
Connoisseur

welp... I found the format. Almost wish I hadn't.. its very long, very complicated, and will be a very pain in the ass.