Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-27-2008, 06:09 PM   #1
Bube
Bube began at the beginning.

Device: PSR 505
bug in zoom function

Hi,

I've got a prs 505 and noticed a bug in the zooming function, when reading a pdf file.
If I enlarge a page by pressing the zoom button an M inside a circle appears and the page is correctly enlarged.
But when I go to the next page, the page is not enlarged but the M remains.
Now I must press the zoom button twice (M->S->M) in order to enlarge the page correctly. Did someone notice the same bug and is there a workaround?

Greetings
Bube
Bube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 07:31 PM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Hi Bube,
Yes this is a know bug. At least I've experienced this defect and others here have mentioned it.

There is no ideal workaournd for this, but there are rumors of a Sony PDF fix.

For me the only PDF I read are those generated by myself or by sites like FeedBook that create custom PDF that are optimized for the reader.

For PDF of size A4/letter then a tool such as PDFLRF can be used to make the text readable on the reader.

--
=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2008, 04:56 AM   #3
Bube
Bube began at the beginning.

Device: PSR 505
Thx for the fast answer.

Than I hope that the firmwareupdate from sony will fix this bug
and meanwhile I take a closer look at pdf2lrf. I just tried it once and unfortunatley the pictures were missing but I didn't play with any options and just used the default values.

Greetings
Bube
Bube is offline   Reply With Quote