Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 06-12-2009, 06:39 AM   #1
hannah
Zealot
hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Bebook mini
Calibre - Open Inktpot

Hello,

I asked Kovid Goyal if there is a chance the bebook with open inktpot firmware will also be recognized in the future (send to device function)? He answered me :
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
It's not in my plans, but it should be relatively easy for one of the openinkpot guys to write a calibre driver for it.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48683

Is it possible that one off you write a calibre driver for OI ? Please ?
I want to help with it, but am a complete programming ignorant...
Old 06-12-2009, 11:29 AM   #2
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah View Post
Hello,

I asked Kovid Goyal if there is a chance the bebook with open inktpot firmware will also be recognized in the future (send to device function)? He answered me :

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48683

Is it possible that one off you write a calibre driver for OI ? Please ?
I want to help with it, but am a complete programming ignorant...
I think that you might be getting the cart ahead of the horse.

At this stage of OI development it would also take some ( considerable? )work on the OI side as well, since OI does not yet expose the file system via USB, other than with SSH. I think that I recall reading in the roadmap that there may be something like the Hanlin firmware's USB to PC connection eventually, but the current snapshot is not ready for that yet????????
Advert
Old 06-12-2009, 11:40 AM   #3
lunohod
OpenInkpot developer
lunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toys

Device: N516,V3,PRS505,iLiad,eSlick,E60,K3,K4NT,M90,PB912,KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
I think that you might be getting the cart ahead of the horse.

At this stage of OI development it would also take some ( considerable? )work on the OI side as well, since OI does not yet expose the file system via USB, other than with SSH. I think that I recall reading in the roadmap that there may be something like the Hanlin firmware's USB to PC connection eventually, but the current snapshot is not ready for that yet????????

Well, you can just use scp or rsync in that calibre driver This will certainly work on linux machines.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:34 PM   #4
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunohod View Post
Well, you can just use scp or rsync in that calibre driver This will certainly work on linux machines.

Hmmmmm, I did not realize that those were available in the OS on the current OI snapshot
I am learning something new everyday!
Old 06-16-2009, 04:13 PM   #5
Reader2
intentionally left blank
Reader2 began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook (display damage) so 2nd: Nook still working; Sony hardly used;
This is supposed to be grow great - just a open (standard) connection, rsync on my BeBook - whow.
Advert
Old 06-17-2009, 06:13 AM   #6
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
I've recently added installing rsync by default to the firmware building script.

It was avaliable for a while from APT repo, but required manual installation using the apt-get.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:37 AM   #7
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Rsync is only needed on one end. I use Rsync all the time to backup data onto a server that does not have Rsync, just SSH. Most people don't realize that SSH can do file transfers.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:26 AM   #8
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
Rsync is only needed on one end. I use Rsync all the time to backup data onto a server that does not have Rsync, just SSH. Most people don't realize that SSH can do file transfers.
Uhmm. How would you do a delta-transfers without rsync on the device?
Old 07-10-2009, 02:56 AM   #9
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
In cases like that, it merely copies the entire file back over. Your efficiency goes out the window, but, still gets done.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:58 AM   #10
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder

Well, it sucks. You can
Quote:
tar cf - <files> | ssh device tar xf -
as well then