Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-01-2013, 01:20 AM   #1
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Free and bargain romance ebooks + Discussion December 2013

As requested, here is an outline of the purpose of this thread:

We point out free and bargain romances to each other, and recommend certain books that are/were free (or the opposite!).

Because Kindle freebies are easiest to find, the majority of the books listed are from Amazon, but freebies and bargains from other retailers and in other formats are more than welcome!

In case no retailer is specifically mentioned in a post, it is safe to assume it's for Amazon US.

Be aware that many freebies are only free for a day, so grab them fast!

In addition to the freebies, sales, and coupons we do a weekly purchased/read roundup (voluntary only, but it’s fun to use Calibre’s virtual library feature to take a screengrab in cover view ) We also discuss reading apps and devices, books, and life in general a bit in this thread. Sometimes we go off on seemingly unrelated tangents, but we always find our way back…

Check out the last page of November's thread in case you missed any deals.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:31 AM   #2
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not sure if Harlequin will be having their up-until-now annual 50% off ebooks sale or not this year. It's possible December 25th "Christmas Surprise Sale" will be. The past few years it has been during one of the first days of the various sales. But now that they've gone from twelve days to twenty-five who knows

Details can be found at: Harlequin's Christmas Countdown

I've already bought one of the Carina holiday anthologies for this year (as well as most all of the previous years' ones with the magic Kobo coupon), so I am hoping the sale tomorrow will include the two new anthologies/6 contemporary novellas which release on the 5th.

As a side note, what is up with them releasing their Christmas anthologies/novellas on Thursdays this year rather than the usual Monday or even Tuesday (as they did with the latest Shannon Stacey since it released in print at the same time)?
Advert
Old 12-01-2013, 07:16 AM   #3
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I often find myself asking what is up with Harlequin... lol. I love a few of their lines, but they don't seem to have found their way as an etailer... hard to compete against Kobo's coupons when HQN discounts off original list price!

ETA: If anyone goes to buy the December Blaze 2013 it does not actually include fourth book shown on the cover (Tawny Weber's).

Last edited by NixLapi; 12-01-2013 at 08:19 AM.
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:58 AM   #4
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Got Amazon Prime?

The Kindle First December Romance freebie is Sweet Nothings by Kim Law

Publication Date: January 1, 2014
Joanie Bigbee, cupcake baker extraordinaire, likes to keep her options open—and she’s good at it. She's started and sold some 30 businesses in her postage stamp-sized Tennessee town, and at the moment she can be found in a short skirt and go-go boots, selling cupcakes out of the back of a converted Volkswagen van. What she moves on to next is anybody’s guess. She knows better than to be tied down. In any way. She's watched every woman in her family fall head-over-heels, only to find themselves wondering how to pick up the pieces when love is lost.

When Nick Dalton shows up at the groovy cupcakery, all Joanie wants is a taste; a fling with no strings suits her just fine. But for Nick, a bite is not enough; he wants the whole cake: a big house, a family, true love. But love only makes you stupid, right? Joanie has to decide whether to follow where her free-spirit leads…or hold on to the sweetest thing she’s ever known.

other titles here
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:19 AM   #5
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Freebie Relentless (Shattered heart #1) by Cassia Leo

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BJDHT4C

NA with a rock star... 4.08 on GR. Looks like 3 published and one more coming in the series.
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2013, 10:17 AM   #6
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Kindle daily romance deal today - 2 books from Samantha Towle, $0.99 each:

The Mighty Storm

Wethering the Storm

I've heard so many raves about these, maybe I'll finally break down and get them.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:59 AM   #7
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Just FYI, the Stranded with a Hero anthology shows 4 authors on the cover/blurb, but the book only contained 3 stories. This is the second time that's happened for me with an Entangled anthology. The other one I returned as there were other formatting issues. I got this one for the Kwan story so I will keep it since that's one of the three.

Another bad week for me reading-wise. I am almost through the S authors in my big project. I need to do some reading this month though because I have a number of books to go in the AAR Reading Challenges which need to be complete before the year is over.
Read:
  • Love a Little Sideways (Kowalski Family #7) by Shannon Stacey (A/5 stars)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 12-1.JPG
Views:	522
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	116053   Click image for larger version

Name:	books 12-1 vault.JPG
Views:	535
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	116054  

Last edited by library addict; 07-29-2014 at 07:28 AM.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #8
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
My reading for the past week was a bust as well; I only read Pamela Clare's Hard Evidence (2nd book in the I-Team series), which I gave 5 stars. I'm enjoying this series a lot; it's how I like my romantic suspense (there is actually romance and suspense, and they're both great ) and it takes on important topics like (so far) environmental pollution and human trafficking.

I only bought one book - Sweet Liar ($1.99) by Jude Devereaux, which is an old favorite. I'll leave it for one these inevitable reading slumps

I went through my FictFact and identified series I have yet to complete. From these, I made a smaller list of the ones I want to complete in 2014. I'm famous for putting together reading lists and not making much progress with them, so we'll see how that goes.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #9
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
If I Were You by Lisa Renee Jones is $1.99 at BN.com.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:26 PM   #10
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Don't know whether I'd classify my week as good or bad. Got a few off my wishlist, but I'm hoping for GREAT deals tomorrow. Spoiled much? LOL

Name:	2013 12 01.jpg
Views:	713
Size:	159.0 KB
ID:	116056

Books I read:
Tragic – J.A. Huss = 4.5
Manic – J.A. Huss = 4.5
Panic – J.A. Huss = 4.5
Ruining Me - Nicole Reed = 1, DNF
Hot Ink – Ranae Rose = 2
Sempre – J.M. Darhower = 2 [not bad, just not for me]
Driven – K. Bromberg = 4+ [BTW this book is supposed to be on sale tomorrow for $.99, I'd say it's worth it! But it's a cliffhanger!]

Last edited by Blue2u; 12-01-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:45 PM   #11
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Random House deal

When You Wish Upon a Duke (Wylder Sisters #1) by Isabella Bradford - $0.99
Kindle | Kobo

Quote:
In a sparkling new series filled with irresistible charm and sizzling romance, award-winning author Isabella Bradford introduces us to the eldest of three Wylder sisters—unruly country girls whose passion for life leaves their London suitors breathless.

Raised in the Dorset countryside, Lady Charlotte Wylder doesn’t care one bit about well-bred decorum. The dark-haired, blue-eyed beauty would rather ride a horse than attend a stuffy ball. So when Charlotte learns that she is to leave immediately for London to wed the Duke of Marchbourne, a perfect model of aristocratic propriety, she is less than enchanted with her arranged marriage.

But to her delight, their first encounters are brazenly flirtatious, and their wedding night burns with passion. March’s broad shoulders and dark countenance make Charlotte want to rip every button off his waistcoast. She may even be falling in love with her new husband. Yet whenever their desire boils over, March reluctantly pushes Charlotte away. Will past secrets and present misunderstandings mire their marriage in scandal, or serve to strengthen a bond that is destined to last a lifetime?
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:49 PM   #12
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kindle deal from Connie Brockway's backlist, originally published by Dell 1997, now published by Montlake

All Through the Night (Royal Agents #2) by Connie Brockway - $0.99

Quote:
A woman compelled. . .

In the glittering world of Regency England, Anne Wilder played a dangerous game. A widowed lady by day, by night she became a masked thief preying on society's elite. She roved high above London's black rooftops, compelled by phantoms from her past to take ever greater risks. Until her restless spirit led her into Colonel Jack Seward's trap. . . where seduction was her only way out.

A man obsessed. . .

She'd played him for a fool, taking advantage of his hungry response to escape from his clutches. But as Jack hunted for his thief, his heart fell captive to a self-possessed widow. Torn between illicit passion and tender love, Jack is duty-bound to capture the audacious criminal, even if it means ripping society apart to do so. Now he stalked her through the ton, never realizing the lovely widow who captured his heart was the same woman who roused his most violent passions.

A love that defied king and country. . .
Old 12-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #13
apesmom
Wizard

As mentioned last week . . . Brazen title, Lover Undercover (McCade Brothers #1) by Samanthe Beck is now on sale for $.99
Kindle | Kobo

Quote:
He’s undercover. She’s in over her head.

Yoga instructor Kylie Roberts is the good twin. At least she was—until an accident forces Kylie to step into her twin’s sexy stilettos at a posh Hollywood “men’s club." But nothing could've prepared Kylie for the dead body in the club’s parking lot or the ridiculously hot detective who insists the killer is targeting her regulars.

Detective Trevor McCade needs Kylie’s help to draw out the killer. It means long nights undercover and long dances where Kylie’s body tempts him with sensual promises. Dances that leave them both wanting more. But despite Kylie's hidden identity and the danger lurking in the shadows, it’s only a matter of time before Kylie and Trevor take this undercover operation under the covers…
Old 12-01-2013, 01:27 PM   #14
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
If I Were You by Lisa Renee Jones is $1.99 at BN.com.
At the Kindle Store too.

Warning: The book is very addictive you will want to read the entire series!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:23 PM   #15
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
These are my purchases this week (Viola Grace's releases ). I've read:
* Mr Red Roding Hoode - Dana Marie Bell (Poconos Pack #2) 4★
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	calibre_2031201.JPG
Views:	466
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	116073  

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 12-01-2013 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Typos
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote