Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #31
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
for future reference one would do this for an already existing fork

git remote add upstream git://github.com/PaulFreund/WebLaunch.git
git fetch upstream
git checkout master
(best to be certain)
git merge upstream/master
git push

cheers.
Attached Files
File Type: txt WebLaunchLog.txt (224.0 KB, 381 views)
File Type: txt WebLaunch-TOUCH.txt (280.0 KB, 371 views)

Last edited by twobob; 04-15-2013 at 01:34 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:50 PM   #32
wisecrick
Enthusiast
wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: KT B011
If the native web browser of KT can download any type of file, it'll be much more useful.
I don't like SkipStone very much.
wisecrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:18 AM   #33
PaulFreund
PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisecrick View Post
If the native web browser of KT can download any type of file, it'll be much more useful.
I don't like SkipStone very much.
I'm sorry I didn't really look into the Browser itself, but from my memory there could be a way copying the original browser and modifying the config.xml file.
PaulFreund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:24 AM   #34
PaulFreund
PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.

There is a new version of WebLaunch available which implements a new way of getting notified when the power button is pressed. It no longer uses the goingToScreensaver notification and dbus-monitor so the Kindle shouldn't go to sleep anymore.

It would be very nice if somebody with a PaperWhite could test it as I don't have one and it is mainly developed for it. If it doesn't work it would be good to check if /dev/yoshibutton exists.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:08 PM   #35
PaulFreund

With the last commit the work on WebLaunch is done for now. Thanks to twobobs excessive testing the power button close method is now known to work on the Kindle PaperWhite

If there are any questions or small feature requests dont hesitate to ask.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #36
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

WebLaunch leaves various artifacts even after removing it from device. Like records in appreg.db, udev-related files. It'd be nice to provide "uninstaller".
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:39 AM   #37
PaulFreund

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
WebLaunch leaves various artifacts even after removing it from device. Like records in appreg.db, udev-related files. It'd be nice to provide "uninstaller".
I could easily provide script for uninstalling the udev button handler and the app itself but I doubt the normal user would call it upon removing the app.

As we already have a generic app description file for KUAL, maybe we could add a remove button if a remove action is defined in it.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:57 AM   #38
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulFreund View Post
I could easily provide script for uninstalling the udev button handler and the app itself but I doubt the normal user would call it upon removing the app..
I don't think it really matters. If you'll mention that script in README, it will be sufficient.

Uninstallation script will be just executable documentation of what should be uninstalled, so that advanced user could just run it without seeking for relevant pieces in other distribution files.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:10 PM   #39
PaulFreund

New version (2.0) in the github repository (master).
* Added uninstall script
* Updated readme
* Settings switch for screensaver prevention

If enabled the enablePreventScreenSaver switch will read the current system setting on start and overwrite it with enabled. When closed, WebLaunch reverts the system setting to the original value before the change.

I also tested clean installation, uninstallation and running with a bunch of possible setting combinations without any problems.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #40
farfeduc
Kindle Addict
farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Here is a simple use : Landscape clock

Download Here

Sorry for the bad quality of the picture.

(I modified the name and didn't touch your script, just added my name to the credits for the webpage I made. no need to force wifi here, html in local storage.)

I'll try to perfect this in the next days.
Or make weather,news feed...

Is it possible to create a new "book" to launch this? (or a button?)

Thanks ! continue the good work !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	clock.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	435.1 KB
ID:	106258  
Attached Files
File Type: zip clock.zip (50.4 KB, 584 views)

Last edited by farfeduc; 05-25-2013 at 03:31 PM.
farfeduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:24 PM   #41
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by farfeduc View Post
Is it possible to create a new "book" to launch this? (or a button?)
The zip archive you linked to **IS** a KUAL launcher button!

Unarchive it and put the files in the 'extensions' directory like any other KUAL button.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:26 PM   #42
farfeduc
Kindle Addict
farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.farfeduc is my name, but call me Ishmael.

I meant a button like the search one or a book like KUAL luancher.

I am french so excuse me if my english is not correct.

EDIT : I just edited my previous post (the one above this one). change the zip if you saved it.

I'll try to see if it's heavy on battery consumption too.

Last edited by farfeduc; 05-25-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:04 AM   #43
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by farfeduc View Post
I meant a button like the search one or a book like KUAL luancher.
AFAIK you can't make or add standard buttons like the "search" and "store" buttons. What you could do is hijacking the "store" button. There are threads here that show how to launch the browser from the store button. You could modify one of those examples.
Making a book like KUAL launcher involves java programming. There are threads here that deal with that subject. Search for "hello world kindlet" to get started. Good luck!
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:08 AM   #44
farfeduc
Kindle Addict

thanks ! I'll see around.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:40 AM   #45
Vava
Vava began at the beginning.

Device: PaperWhite
Hi ! I would like to know if there is any way to avoid the avertissement display on the screen when I launch the webBrowser without WiFi ?
Thanks for your work.
Vava is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
launcher add-ons, mesquite, webapp