Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-24-2009, 11:39 PM   #1
uifiddle
uifiddle began at the beginning.

Device: iliad, 1st ed
Question get a list of pdf files: tried but failed

I'm on a linux box and I'm a novice user of linux.

Quote:
ls -R | sed -e 's/manifest.xml//' -e 's/scribble.irx//' | cat -s > ~/iliad.txt
is not acceptable for the duplication of the file and the directory name. So there's a little complicity, I think.

Some of my PDFs have been initialized by iliad and some don't,so some file names should be perserved.
Some of my PDFs are 01.pdf,02.pdf, this means chapter 1 of a book and chapter 2 of the same book, so some directory names as book names should be perserved.

Anyone can helping me by share a bash (or perl) script listing files on iliad with brevity? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by uifiddle; 10-25-2009 at 12:17 AM. Reason: made a little mod
uifiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:57 PM   #2
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: .*
Couldnt get your question clearly.
If all you need is a list of pdf files with full path then a find command should be enough.
Please check if this works for you

find . -type f |grep -i "\.pdf$" >~/iliad.txt

Hope this helps.
hari
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert