Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgirl View Post
OK let's try this:
That worked and those prices are out of control.

Is this BooksOnBoard.com you are using?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:09 PM   #17
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Wow that's crazy! I'm in Ontario and I can't even find her books on BoB. ??? weird!

Oh nevermind! I was spelling her name wrong so nothing came up in the search. LOL but it's still horribly priced.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2013, 11:21 PM   #18
bcgirl
Groupie
bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad2-64gb, Sony PRS-T1, KOBO mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That worked and those prices are out of control.

Is this BooksOnBoard.com you are using?
Yes it is BooksOnBoard.com. Isn't that totally crazy?
bcgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:23 PM   #19
bcgirl
Groupie
bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
Wow that's crazy! I'm in Ontario and I can't even find her books on BoB. ??? weird!

Oh nevermind! I was spelling her name wrong so nothing came up in the search. LOL but it's still horribly priced.
Probably spelled Stephenie wrong. I did that too. Did you get the same webpage?
Old 02-26-2013, 11:35 PM   #20
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Yep! I got those same crazy prices. Must be the geo thing but still.....It's cheaper from Sony or Kobo rather than there. Yikes!
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2013, 11:36 PM   #21
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
If prices were identical, I'd buy from Sony so that bookmarks/progress could theoretically sync across my devices although I don't think that works on my T1. However, I tend to buy from Kobo as they are usually cheaper than Sony and more more frequent (and better) coupons. I also occasionally buy from BoB. I found Kobo several years ago when I was doing some price comparisons. If agency pricing will ever go away, it may change the landscape yet again... as someone else mentioned, I use Sony Reader for PC for all my downloads. I then strip DRM and sideload the books to my T1.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:13 AM   #22
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Quote:
OK let's try this:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...9&d=1361921963

I may be mistaken but I think those pricey Twilight titles are audio books; they all seem to have second author names Ilyana Ka... something; I searched the name Ilyana on BoB and came up with Ilyana Kadushin whose name is listed as narrator on a number of books, none of them Twilight titles on the U.S. version of BoB.
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:41 AM   #23
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
I think MarciaCat has found your problem bcgirl, those $18, $19 prices are for the audiobooks.

I browsed the site with Canadian prices using the 'Incognito Window' in Chrome and the Twilight by Stephenie Meyer; Ilyana Kadushin, is an audio book:

Title Twilight
Author Stephenie Meyer
Narrated by Ilyana Kadushin
Edition Unabridged
Publisher Listening Library, 2006
ISBN 9780307280916
File Size 189478Kb

The same audio book is $23 here on the Canadian Amazon website.

Unfortunately for you, the Twilight ebooks don't seem to be available to Canadians at BooksOnBoard. This is where it's not quite as good as Amazon for me, it doesn't have as many titles available.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:53 AM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Mystery of the overly expensive eBooks has been solved!
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:30 PM   #25
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Yep, just checked the site and the ones that I checked are audiobooks.

For instance: Breaking Dawn 24.59 for the audiobook and 8.19 for the ebook.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:37 PM   #26
bcgirl
Groupie

Thank you all! Especially MarciaCat. Maybe I will browse for ebooks again. With their discounts it might be worth it
Old 02-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #27
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Quote:
Thank you all! Especially MarciaCat. Maybe I will browse for ebooks again. With their discounts it might be worth it
Glad I could help! BoB is my current favorite bookseller; chiefly for offering the lowest price on Star Trek titles, the latest is $5.51 versus $7.35 at Sony, $7.59 at Amazon and full list price of $7.99 at Kobo.
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:49 PM   #28
MickiTee
Guru
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Pocketbook TL3, TL4, TL5
Don't forget that Books on Board also sells Audio Books. If the prices seem high this is probably the reason. Use the Advanced Search which will allow you to search for a specific format with and without DRM.
MickiTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:42 PM   #29
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
I've purchased a total of two books from Sony. I usually purchase ebooks from Kobo because their coupons allow me to purchase books on the cheap. Sony doesn't have as discounts and their selection isn't very good either.
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote