Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 01-29-2013, 11:15 AM   #1
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
feedback on copyright/disclaimer page?

It's a novel and this is what I've got:

This ebook is licensed for your personal enjoyment only. This ebook may not be re-sold or given away to other people. If you would like to share this book with another person, please purchase an additional copy for each recipient. If you’re reading this book and did not purchase it, or it was not purchased for your use only, then please purchase your own copy. Thank you for respecting the hard work of this author.

The characters and events in this book are fictitious. Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.

I'm okay w/ the character one, but, I don't know, the first part (from the Smashwords guide) just seems wimpy: please buy my book; I worked hard on it.

Anybody got anything better?

thanks

Bear
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:04 PM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
"Captain Jack might be cool, but you certainly are not you sniveling piece of deep fried dung! Piracy does not help ANYONE...and how am I supposed to feed my 10 kids when you keep steeling from me? I hope you rot in the deepest, slimiest pit of hell...and then DON'T even get the privilege of coming back as a somewhat cool Walking Dead zombie!!

For those who didn't pirate this - nevermind..."

That would at least get their attention...give them a little humor and they might not ignore it like they ignore all the other dry notices. They may even respect the attempt and go purchase the book!!

Last edited by Turtle91; 01-29-2013 at 01:07 PM.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2013, 02:15 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Sigil has no problem creating either of those copyright/disclaimer pages. But it seems to have no opinion as to their quality or effectiveness. I've asked it nicely and........ nothing. Not a peep.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:33 PM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Moderator Notice
Thread moved from the Sigil forum, which might help understanding DiapDealer's comment
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:19 PM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
You could've left me hanging out to dry there, but you didn't. Such considerate movers of threads around here.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2013, 06:36 AM   #6
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
At the front:

Copyright © 2011 by Marcus Blakeston. All rights reserved.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents are the product of the author’s imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events, or places is entirely coincidental.

At the back:

Thanks for reading. If you downloaded this from somewhere without paying for it, please consider supporting the author in some way if you derived any entertainment from it.

You don't need to buy your own copy (though it would be great if you did, of course). There are lots of other ways you can support struggling writers. Leave a review on Amazon, mention it on your blog, Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, anywhere else you think it might be useful.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:46 AM   #7
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
No one reads the copy right page, so do not worry about it. I am being serious. Most E-Readers make it extra work to even see that page. Leave it the way you have it and move on. What is in the book will determine if it will be a success - the copyright page will have no impact at all.

Simply put, pirates will not care, and legit buyers will likely never read it.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:10 AM   #8
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
"Captain Jack might be cool, but you certainly are not you sniveling piece of deep fried dung! Piracy does not help ANYONE...and how am I supposed to feed my 10 kids when you keep steeling from me? I hope you rot in the deepest, slimiest pit of hell...and then DON'T even get the privilege of coming back as a somewhat cool Walking Dead zombie!!

That would at least get their attention...give them a little humor and they might not ignore it like they ignore all the other dry notices. They may even respect the attempt and go purchase the book!!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:12 AM   #9
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
No one reads the copy right page, so do not worry about it. I am being serious. Most E-Readers make it extra work to even see that page. Leave it the way you have it and move on. What is in the book will determine if it will be a success - the copyright page will have no impact at all.

Not quite true, I often look to see the copyright/publication date. But you're right the rest of the text is irrelevant for the most part.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:29 AM   #10
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

thanks

Thanks. That's a creative and sensible way of doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post
At the front:

Copyright © 2011 by Marcus Blakeston. All rights reserved.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents are the product of the author’s imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events, or places is entirely coincidental.

At the back:

Thanks for reading. If you downloaded this from somewhere without paying for it, please consider supporting the author in some way if you derived any entertainment from it.

You don't need to buy your own copy (though it would be great if you did, of course). There are lots of other ways you can support struggling writers. Leave a review on Amazon, mention it on your blog, Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, anywhere else you think it might be useful.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:31 AM   #11
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

LOL

You scared me anyway. (At first I thought you were talking to me!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post

Old 01-30-2013, 10:33 AM   #12
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

thanks

Makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post