Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-09-2012, 06:58 PM   #16
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
I've been wanting to try it also, pretty tech-challenged myself but everytime I see cdesja5 explain it, it makes me want to try it!

I have never set my wifi on my T1. And I don't have any of the Sony reader on my computer, just Calibre. Not sure if that would affect the steps to doing this or not.
You don't need the Sony software, just Calibre... Go ahead! Try it! It's pretty easy if you follow the steps and you'll never use your usb cord again!
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:03 PM   #17
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryMonmouth View Post
You are totally my hero now. I try to join as few forums as possible because I am hopeless at remembering passwords but I had to join specifically to tell you that you are awesome Chantal.
I bought the T2 just yesterday after having been a happy Kindle user for over a year. I was very uncertain about my choice but went for it on account of the language dictionaries and the evernote support.
With the ability to just reach into Calibre and retrieve ebooks this has just become so much easier and more convenient than the Kindle to use. I was certain that moving to Sony would just be a pain after having given up with trying to get Adobe and the reader software to recognise each other on the Mac. Being able to use Calibre in this way is absolutely incredible though. It is really stepping into the future.
Thanks! Don't hear THAT very often! I just love the Sony User Interface and being able to browse and then load books with Calibre without going to the computer is "la cerise sur le sundae"! Enjoy!
Advert
Old 09-10-2012, 01:07 PM   #18
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
You don't need the Sony software, just Calibre... Go ahead! Try it! It's pretty easy if you follow the steps and you'll never use your usb cord again!
IT WORKED! I can't thank you enough Chantal, your explanation was clear, easy, concise, and it worked first try, thank you thank you thank you!!!

pomtroll, it really is just as her explanation says, follow it exactly and you will be connected too! It literally took me 2 minutes, my first wifi download was seamless.

I'm so thrilled, thank you again!
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #19
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quick question Chantal, does adding books this way still work with Calibre set collections [Sony sort tags, etc]?
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:45 PM   #20
Cdesja5
Wizard

Yes, my collections/series still show up.
Advert
Old 01-17-2013, 05:20 AM   #21
AvidAussie
AvidAussie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRT1
Cdesja5!! Absolutely bloody marvellous!!! You are truly a hero!! I registered just to tell you that!! I was considering chucking my 6 mth old Sony PRT 1 read in the rubbish in disgust! And purchasing some other brand. It no longer recognises my laptop (nor charges). I charge it through my flatmate's android charger (annoying but tolerable), although I despaired of ever being able to add new books.

Bloody awesome!! From an avid Aussie admirer!!

:-))))))))))))
AvidAussie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, prs-t1, wi-fi