Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-18-2011, 01:18 PM   #16
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post
I never cared about rating articles. That is highly subjective and the value is always subjective.

I have been burning time on Internet for years and I can honestly say that for the last couple of years I have seen a decreased number of attacks like the one above. Swearing you say? Well..the guy spent 400$ on something he can not use. Keep in mind that while in North America or Europe people can make 400$/h or /day at the opposite end of the work it takes a month or so... not sure if you get it! You would swear too believe me!

The other point that you are missing, and that is even more "so 1970s" to say so, is that the Internet (yes you are on Internet!) is open to everybody and not all of us were born in an English speaking country. Having Chinese (for instance) as primary language and speaking and writing English (with BAD GRAMMAR) makes you more valuable than speaking just PERFECT English and attacking the FORM of the message not the CONTENT.

Got that of your chest?
I fail to see how anyone could consider I attacked jian1. He complains about people giving his threads low ratings so I pointed out why I did so. The swearing is not acceptable as pointed out by one of the Mods.
The bad grammar I refer to has nothing to do with him or you being non native English speakers but the pidgeon/txt speak.
Complaining is one thing, complaining relentlessly to the wrong people whilst taking no action against the people who matter is a another. I feel sure I am not the only one who feels this way but it matters not. Continue, it is not my forum.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:32 PM   #17
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
.... Continue, it is not my forum.
Hmm...
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2011, 05:47 AM   #18
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Got that of your chest?
I fail to see how anyone could consider I attacked jian1. He complains about people giving his threads low ratings so I pointed out why I did so. The swearing is not acceptable as pointed out by one of the Mods.
The bad grammar I refer to has nothing to do with him or you being non native English speakers but the pidgeon/txt speak.
Complaining is one thing, complaining relentlessly to the wrong people whilst taking no action against the people who matter is a another. I feel sure I am not the only one who feels this way but it matters not. Continue, it is not my forum.
Jian1 is taking action by complaining here, in a public forum. It alerts other users who may have the same problems and alerts potential customers of the device maker. He obviously got nowhere with complaining directly to the seller, so going public is worth a shot. The maker could have decided that the bad publicity was hurting them and settled the matter by exchanging the devices, just as they did in China (with users paying for shipping costs).

And after all, Jian1 definitely wasn't a lone voice in the dark while everybody else is happy with their M90? I think we can all understand his frustration, I for one bought an Irex 2 months before they closed down.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:20 AM   #19
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505, KDXG
Quote:
Hmm...
Hmm... indeed.
If the first statement could be interpreted neutrally, the second one does show color.
eLiNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:24 AM   #20
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLiNK View Post
Hmm... indeed.
If the first statement could be interpreted neutrally, the second one does show color.
OK. I'll bite. What are you talking about?
Advert
Old 12-19-2011, 09:55 AM   #21
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Jian1 is taking action by complaining here, in a public forum. It alerts other users who may have the same problems and alerts potential customers of the device maker. He obviously got nowhere with complaining directly to the seller, so going public is worth a shot. The maker could have decided that the bad publicity was hurting them and settled the matter by exchanging the devices, just as they did in China (with users paying for shipping costs).

And after all, Jian1 definitely wasn't a lone voice in the dark while everybody else is happy with their M90? I think we can all understand his frustration, I for one bought an Irex 2 months before they closed down.
Exactly my opinion.
I find it just strange how many people are out there with the stick-it-in-and shut-up mentality (with no reference to someone specific).

KDXG users vs Amazon fans is one example.

This one is the other.

There is one thing that happened no so long ago to a Russian user who purchased a M90 for her daughter (what follows is a somewhat loose translation. The full original text is to be found here http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewt...=20914&start=0). On a second day after she bought it, the device turned out to be broken. At the dealer's center, her daughter was told that the screen was damaged during use and is not liable to warranty. She told she handled the device with great care and insisted on an expertise, which was carried out promptly within seconds and was asked to sign up the resolution that the device's body has a crack, which was caused by mechanical damage and was proposed to repair the device at her own costs.

As the body had no visible cracks, she declined to sign up and requested to provide her with this resolution. Which was declined, as the manager insisted on her signing up the document before.

Her mother, indignant at such treatment, described the case on the forum.
Promptly was she confronted by several know-it-all users, who accused her of damaging the device/screen and concluded it was all her fault.

Several days later she had an independent expertise carried out, which concluded that the screen was damaged as a result of the low quality assemblage.

Confronted with that resolution, the Onyx representation in Russia have compensated her for the costs of the device and the expertise.

It goes without saying that no one of those know-it-all users has ever showed themselves up in the thread.

Last edited by eLiNK; 12-19-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:27 AM   #22
Stormchild
Evangelist

Quote:
Hmm... indeed.
Do I get an answer to this or not?

I would also like to point out that I never once said jian1 should not complain, of course he should just not on almost every thread to the detriment of the forum. All I actually did was point out why I had marked one of his threads with one star when he whined about that. If you think swearing and bastardising the English language get you noticed for the right reasons then I wonder why jian1 has seemingly had no success.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:51 AM   #23
eLiNK
Addict

Quote:

I would also like to point out that I never once said jian1 should not complain, of course he should just not on almost every thread to the detriment of the forum. All I actually did was point out why I had marked one of his threads with one star when he whined about that. If you think swearing and bastardising the English language get you noticed for the right reasons then I wonder why jian1 has seemingly had no success.
Sorry, I'm pretty busy these days.
And I mean it.

I have no problem with your rating the thread based on the grammar.
Mainly because I attach no meaning to these ratings at all.
Still, I find that one could show more compassion considering the circumstances, and instead of bashing some one, just give him a hint in the personal message how his ranting comes over.

As to my previous comment, I referred to your (which I assumed would be quoted as well but it was not)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild
Continue, it is not my forum.
which looks like you do not care for the other people's opinion and are not ready to participate in a constructive discussion.

I hope this clears things up.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:03 AM   #24
Stormchild
Evangelist

Quote:

As to my previous comment, I referred to your (which I assumed would be quoted as well but it was not)

which looks like you do not care for the other people's opinion and are not ready to participate in a constructive discussion.

I hope this clears things up.
It does. Thank you.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:12 AM   #25
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:

At this point I am starting to fell sorry that I tried to tell you something.
One can insult and be rude using the most academic language. Sometimes it is -and that is the case for you, putting aside what Jian1 did-..it is what you say and not how you say it.

Jian1 has his rights to do what he did. He paid lots of money, he complained to the company, I am convinced he did everything he could to get his money back or to get hid device fixed but that did not work. Then he started complaining here and making public all his problems, yes, one by one! He has the right to do that, I do not find that wrong, one thread per issue does not force me to read 100 pages to see that others had the same problem. If the moderators find that wrong they should collapse his threads and that is the end of it. And yes, they should do the same for all the threads announcing M92. From a higher perspective we should collapse everything in one topic and that is the end of it. No sub forum for that... I am just following the logic.
And again, I find his threads informative, the potential users can, by just looking at the subject line, find out how many problems they could experience by buying M90.

To get to the source of this problem(rating)...people are happy to find out that the problems have been solved in the new incarnation of the Onyx ereader (M92) and what jbaach did for us in those threads is just amazing... that, in my view, explains the good rating for those threads.

On the other hand you keep saying that English is butchered in these/his threads and that was your point... it is just amazing how you can believe that his English is the reasons why he couldn't get his problem solved.
All in all I considered your initial intervention less constructive than his. The other answers just aggravated the whole thing. I am not going to argue about politeness, as I said you can insult in many other ways.

And in the end, to answer to your "Do I get..." no you don't get! You can kindly get... if you kindly ask.

and now in the end I could also say "Continue, it is not my forum" but how could I say that when I consider that impolite (and yes, it is not swearing) ..would I say that knowing that somehow I create the impression that the reader needs my permission to continue ?? Does he or she?... Would I say that knowing that that can be some how ironically.
The same goes that patronizing "Do I get..." but ...hey what do I know, my English is not perfect and I could have gotten that wrong. Sorry for my English

Last edited by PF4Mobile; 12-19-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:37 AM   #26
Stormchild
Evangelist

Quote:
At this point I am starting to fell sorry that I tried to tell you something.

and now in the end I could also say "Continue, it is not my forum" but how could I say that when I consider that impolite (and yes, it is not swearing) ..would I say that knowing that somehow I create the impression that the reader needs my permission to continue ?? Does he or she?... Would I say that knowing that that can be some how ironically.
The same goes that patronizing "Do I get..." but ...hey what do I know, my English is not perfect and I could have gotten that wrong. Sorry for my English
Then maybe you should not have tried to tell me something?
The Continue, it is not my forum comment was simply saying I have no control over what and how you or anyone else chooses to write things. I do not own this forum neither do I moderate it. How is that patronizing? That is a rhetorical question, you don't have to answer that one.

This started because I was considerate and honest enough to tell Jian1 why he had a thread marked down to one star (not all of them, just one). I notice that it is not he/she that is arguing with me but then why am I not surprised.

As an aside, do not apologize for your English, I am in awe of some of you. I wish I could speak a second language that well. That was never a criticism as I have tried to point out.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:02 PM   #27
PF4Mobile
Guru

OK, forget the English.
I just looked at the rating for the threads incriminated in this one

Actually the one where jbaach did excellent work by responding to each and every question asked about M92 has a lower rating (one start if I read that correctly) than many of jian1's threads (2-3 stars). He was mislead by the fact that the forum displays 5 stars for all the messages that received any rating but out of those 5 only 1 or 2 or 3 are "bolded" to say so...so he got it wrong, his threads are better rated althoug by content jbaach's thread is one of the most complete and exhaustive I have read ...
so much noise for nothing?
Old 12-19-2011, 01:28 PM   #28
kamizase
Connoisseur
kamizase doesn't litterkamizase doesn't litterkamizase doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox 60
The M92 is not out yet! 1.6 Firmware is not out yet!

If M92 was out with new firmware, and an update for all other readers wasnt at least announced, the complaint would have merit.
kamizase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:05 PM   #29
thomas01155
Enthusiast
thomas01155 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.thomas01155 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.thomas01155 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.thomas01155 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.thomas01155 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.thomas01155 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.thomas01155 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.thomas01155 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.thomas01155 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.thomas01155 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.thomas01155 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamizase View Post
The M92 is not out yet! 1.6 Firmware is not out yet!

If M92 was out with new firmware, and an update for all other readers wasnt at least announced, the complaint would have merit.
Its been over half a year since the M90 and M91S were released but there are still issues with the firmware. Personally I find this unacceptable. No firmware update has yet been released that fixes these issues.
thomas01155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:55 PM   #30
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas01155 View Post
Its been over half a year since the M90 and M91S were released but there are still issues with the firmware. Personally I find this unacceptable. No firmware update has yet been released that fixes these issues.
It is a huge disappointment, particularly with the basic usability problems of the unit. It's rather unconscionable to be designing new models prior to fixing your current model so it actually functions.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote