Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-06-2011, 02:43 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
ASUS ramping up production for the Transformer

For those that can't get a hold of the Transformer here is some good news.

Quote:
... We got a concrete response of an expected 100,000 units in May and 200,000+ units to be hitting the streets in June.

...Rumors around component shortage causing the tablet to be in short supply we not confirmed. ASUS simply didn’t expect such high demand for the 10 inch tablet with docking station, so the shortage is actually being caused by the high demand. Chang stated that “It really depends on the demand. The current demand surpasses our expectations by far.” So they are ramping up volumes next month, and looking at their projections for Q2 they are on track to achieve and surpass current sales goals of 300,000.
(Full story here)
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:13 PM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
For those that can't get a hold of the Transformer here is some good news.

I'm patiently waiting for my local retail outlets to replenish their ever so short supply-on-hand.

A couple of years back, I bought the ASUS eee PC 1000H netbook when it first appeared and other than the location of the shortened right-shift key, I've been quite impressed with ASUS products! (I've used their motherboards for 10+ years!!!)

I do see that this time around their dock keyboard for the Transformer has "corrected" that right-shift key issue (location is now on the left of the up arrow key )

Thanks, =X=, for helping me plan the spending of my tax refund so wisely...

p.s. I bought one now, but it might be defective. A certain section of screen is not responsive to touch :
Click image for larger version

Name:	Asus TF101 touchscreen unresponsive areas-Big Fat Canvas-arcs.png
Views:	1013
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	71942 Click image for larger version

Name:	Asus TF101 touchscreen unresponsive areas-Big Fat Canvas-slanted lines.png
Views:	1003
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	71943
Click image for larger version

Name:	Asus TF101 touchscreen unresponsive areas-Scribbler-backslanted lines.png
Views:	1029
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	71944 Click image for larger version

Name:	Asus TF101 touchscreen unresponsive areas-Scribbler-slanted lines.png
Views:	1011
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	71945

I've posted about it to the xda-developers.com forums here. I may end up returning it...

p.p.s. I'm back in business!!!!! My replacement TF arrived without these issues; it's a keeper!!!!!!!

Last edited by nrapallo; 06-03-2011 at 08:43 AM. Reason: all's well now
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2011, 08:23 PM   #3
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I really like my Transformer and can't wait to get my keyboard dock.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:26 PM   #4
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Thanks, =X=, for helping me plan the spending of my tax refund so wisely...
No problem, that's what friends are for

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:03 PM   #5
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
This is good news. I'm looking forward to finally being able to play with one.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert