Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-06-2012, 09:22 PM   #196
Steven23
Steven23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The reviews are in. NPR made it sound like a snooze but People magazine gave it four stars. Thoughts?
Steven23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:25 AM   #197
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
$3 more to $11.99 and I'm in. I really enjoyed the preview, despite what I thought going in.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:56 PM   #198
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
... At least she knows that there are issues with the book.
Indeed. Finishing Harry at school and then fast forwarding umpteen years? failed magnificently for me. There was another book in it and she got bored with writing Potter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quake1028 View Post
$3 more to $11.99 and I'm in. I really enjoyed the preview, despite what I thought going in.
I've acquired it this week... I've got as far as Chapter 10 and am still unconvinced. I'll plough through and finish it eventually but unlike the potter books, I doubt I will buy a hardcopy version of this one.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #199
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I didn't have a problem with that. The Horcrux search was painful. I have no problem believing that the search would take forever but it was just so boring. My big problem with the book probably cannot be fixed. I wanted to see what was happening at Hogwarts.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:55 AM   #200
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
I didn't have a problem with that. The Horcrux search was painful. I have no problem believing that the search would take forever but it was just so boring. My big problem with the book probably cannot be fixed. I wanted to see what was happening at Hogwarts.

I think Hogwarts is to become a Wedding Venue.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:11 AM   #201
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Me too. Harry ought to have become headmaster, allowing more exploration of Hogwarts with new kids. They would have had to find a new antagonist but I'm sure that would not be difficult.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:51 AM   #202
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I wanted see what was happening with Neville, Ginny and the others at Hogwarts during Voldmort's reign.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:54 AM   #203
Ryvyan
I read what I want.
Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPhone 6, Kobo Clara
Read her new book and didn't like it that much.

Can't wait for new Harry Potter stuff, even though I hope there will not be a pre-epilogue from the last book from after the fight till before all that nonsense happened.
Ryvyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #204
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryvyan View Post
Can't wait for new Harry Potter stuff, even though I hope there will not be a pre-epilogue from the last book from after the fight till before all that nonsense happened.
What new Harry Potter stuff? Did I miss something? I thought she said she was done with Harry Potter's world.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:01 PM   #205
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
I believe Ryvyan's referring to the much-anticipated Harry Potter convenience store chain. People seem quite excited about a line of Chizpurfle Slurpees.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #206
derangedhermit
Addict
derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
If the non-Potter stuff tanks, she'll change her mind; instant $$$$$.
derangedhermit is offline   Reply With Quote