Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-03-2011, 09:27 AM   #91
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie in Ma View Post
Gak, the series is horrific. To each his own, lol. HUGE Dresden Files fan here.
I would second the Mercy Thompson series. Loved it, very similar in feel, though no Dresden Files. The closest series that came to mind as I read them was the Spencer novels by Robert B. Parker. Not in the paranormal genre, but boy did he have snappy dialogue and humor down. They are old favorites for my husband and I. I have laughed out loud many times reading them.
One thing I rather like about the Spencer series is that it takes place in Boston and as I live in the Boston area, I know where he is and where he's going.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:28 AM   #92
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie in Ma View Post
I just went over to Amazon to order this one and was reading reviews, this one made me hit my 1-Click button laughing...
"“The best B movie I’ve read in at least twenty years. An addictively satisfying, deeply amusing, dirty-ass masterpiece, Sandman Slim swerves hell-bent through our culture’s impacted gridlock of genres…it’s like watching Sergio Leone and Clive Barker co-direct from a script by Jim Thompson and S. Clay Wilson.” (William Gibson ) "
I think I have the first Sandman Slim book as a freebee, I'll have to dig it up and get it read for a read. I'm not sure what format it's in. May have to convert to ePub.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:32 AM   #93
Lizzie in Ma
Connoisseur
Lizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to all

Device: Nook, Kindle 3, Vizio 8" tablet runn and Samsung Galaxy running Aldiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
One thing I rather like about the Spencer series is that it takes place in Boston and as I live in the Boston area, I know where he is and where he's going.
Hey! I'm on the Cape. There are a couple of those that take place down here too. I have such a sentimental fondness for those books. Not the least of which is because they are local.
Lizzie in Ma is offline   Reply With Quote