Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-01-2011, 04:48 PM   #1
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Check formats for entire library??

Is there a way to quickly check my entire library to tag those books that I have not yet converted to my preferred ebook format? (In my case epub)
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:09 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Is there a way to quickly check my entire library to tag those books that I have not yet converted to my preferred ebook format? (In my case epub)
In the Search bar

not formats:"=EPUB" and formats:true

(ignores 'empty' books in your Library )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:55 PM   #3
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
In the Search bar

(ignores 'empty' books in your Library )
Thanks, theducks. Now where would I have found that information if you hadn't told me?

Old 08-01-2011, 11:14 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Thanks, theducks. Now where would I have found that information if you hadn't told me?

here

Actually, the first part can be done by setting the EPUB to a red minus in the tag browser.
knowing how to ask computers questions, comes with practice/experienc.
I knew I want to see a List based upon any book that existed (has any format), the 2 together answer your (and my) question. I have it saved to a "filter" for regular use.
Filters AND searches used together are POWERFUL tools

Last edited by theducks; 08-01-2011 at 11:20 PM.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:03 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
As theducks says using the tag browser you can look at any format. Clicking on ePub (Green plus) shows you all ePubs, clicking on it again (Red minus) shows you all that are not ePub, see attached.

theducks added formats:true to show you only the books that have actual book files inside them. Many folks add empty books to calibre to track their paper editions. This section of the manual describes the search bar and how to use it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	all_epub.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	75052   Click image for larger version

Name:	all_not_epub.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	75053  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:21 AM   #6
slayda
Retired & reading more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
As theducks says using the tag browser you can look at any format. Clicking on ePub (Green plus) shows you all ePubs, clicking on it again (Red minus) shows you all that are not ePub, see attached.

theducks added formats:true to show you only the books that have actual book files inside them. Many folks add empty books to calibre to track their paper editions. This section of the manual describes the search bar and how to use it.
Thanks some more. I live & learn.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:11 PM   #7
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
I hand type searches most of the time (I do lots of content server searching where the tag browser isn't available) and it's worthwhile knowing that 1)the quotes aren't needed for one word searches, 2) the equals aren't needed except when trying to exclude inadvertent matches (not likely in the formats field) and the "and" isn't needed because it's the default Boolean search condition, so this will give the same results:

not formats:EPUB formats:true

As an aside, it's also worthwhile knowing the following special characters that can follow the colon or appear inside the quotes in a search:

= for exact matches only
< or > for numerical or date comparisons
# for counting is_multiple (number of formats or tags so formats:#1 finds books with a single format of any type)
~ for regular expressions

An example of the less well known "#" - this will find books that have only the text format and no others:
formats:TXT formats:#1
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote