Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > EPUBReader

Notices

Old 10-21-2010, 11:03 AM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelv View Post
Okay, please let me know, when the problem occurs again.

EPUBReader stores the epubs in a subdirectory of the Firefox profile folder. You can easily get a copy of the stored file, if you click on the disk symbol in the navigationbar or in the private library. If you imported the same file again, the old version is replaced by the new one.

There is only one chance how you can get the old version: the old version is deleted when you restart Firefox. So if you didn't restart FF after you imported it the second time, the old version is still there. If this is the case, please let me know and I can tell you the easiest way to find it.
I think I found it and looked at the stylesheet, The margins were the original 5pt, symmetrical, so I am not sure what I saw .
So lets just call it Operator Error
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:47 PM   #17
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Just installed this update onto my Acer 1825PT convertable laptop and gave it a whirl.

In laptop mode it is a great improvement on the previous version, but it really comes alive with the laptop in tablet mode.

With FF in full-screen and the TOC closed down reading a book using the touch-screen is a joy, just tap the side of the screen and the page changes instantly.

There is still room for improvement, could do with a progress meter of some form, maybe also a button to press to toggle FF's full-screen mode (saves having to open it up into laptop mode just to press F11), a digital clock would also be nice especially with FF in full-screen.

The reading panel has come along in leaps and bounds but the library panel could do with a bit of effort to improve it though. It's not bad but can't realy handle large collections.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:13 PM   #18
Ken Irving
Writer
Ken Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileReadKen Irving has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: Nook "1st Edition" Wireless, Nook4PC, NookStudy, Kindle4PC
Quote:
Attached you find the new version 1.4.0.0.

Here is what I changed:

Changes
  • Now it's possible to read ePub-files similar like real books: jump from page to page without scrolling and switch automatically to the next chapter. This is available in Firefox 3.6 or later.

Very nice. Multi-column transition seemed a little rough at first and took some trial and error with the minimum column width, but it worked fine after a little adjustment. "Book" reading mode is really nice - much better than the long scroll. I love this extension and use it every single day. Great for both reading and for freebie ebook hunting.
Ken Irving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:11 AM   #19
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
In laptop mode it is a great improvement on the previous version, but it really comes alive with the laptop in tablet mode.

With FF in full-screen and the TOC closed down reading a book using the touch-screen is a joy, just tap the side of the screen and the page changes instantly.
Hi ghostyjack, great that you like the new features!

Quote:
There is still room for improvement, could do with a progress meter of some form, maybe also a button to press to toggle FF's full-screen mode (saves having to open it up into laptop mode just to press F11), a digital clock would also be nice especially with FF in full-screen.
Yes, I've put "progress meter" already on the changelist and I'll put "F11" too. I understand why you need a clock, but I think this is not a typical feature of an ebook reader . Perhaps you find a "clock" add-on which can do this for you.

Quote:
The reading panel has come along in leaps and bounds but the library panel could do with a bit of effort to improve it though. It's not bad but can't realy handle large collections.
My focus was always on the reading panel and I wanted to keep the library panel as simple as possible. But I understand that it might be good, if you could group books if you have a lot. I'll think about it.
mikelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:16 AM   #20
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Irving View Post
Very nice. Multi-column transition seemed a little rough at first and took some trial and error with the minimum column width, but it worked fine after a little adjustment. "Book" reading mode is really nice - much better than the long scroll. I love this extension and use it every single day. Great for both reading and for freebie ebook hunting.
Hi Ken, thanks for your feedback and great that you like the "book" reading mode !

Please let me understand, what do you mean exactly by "multi-column transition seemed a little rough at first"?
mikelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:47 AM   #21
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Hi ghostyjack, great that you like the new features!

Yes, I've put "progress meter" already on the changelist and I'll put "F11" too. I understand why you need a clock, but I think this is not a typical feature of an ebook reader . Perhaps you find a "clock" add-on which can do this for you.
Hi Mike,

I'm glad you are working on the "progress meter" and "F11", this will make life alot easier for users.

Another thing that might be worth looking at is having a button to toggle (hide/unhide) the TOC. The reason I mention this is that when using a mouse, clicking on the bar is pretty easy but trying to do this by touching the screen is next to impossible (especially if you have a capacitive touch-screen and have to use your finger instead of a stylus). I have to plug in a mouse every time I need to hide or show the TOC. This can get a bit frustrating at time.

Shame about the clock but it can be a useful feature, it certainly is a big gripe with Sony ereader users when they go from an older reader to one of the newers one as Sony have removed the clock. Alot of people add 3rd-party firmware just to get this back. I'm not sure about an addon as when FF is in full-screen, you wont see the clock. If you do implement an "F11" button then I suppose I could alway press it so I can see the system tray clock instead.

Quote:
My focus was always on the reading panel and I wanted to keep the library panel as simple as possible. But I understand that it might be good, if you could group books if you have a lot. I'll think about it.
At the beginning, concentrating on the reading panel was a good idea because if that didn't work then this FF add-on would have been a bit of a waste. Now that the reading panel has matured, it might be worth reconsidering that decision. My plan is to use EPUBReader as my main reading program on my convertable PC, so having a means of organising my books other that just a straight list would be benificial.

I've only loaded about 100 books into EPUBReader so far and it is manageble, but if I loaded my entire collection then a straight list would not be easy to manage it (I've got a few thousand books in all).

Options to browse by tags or authors could help or some kind of virtual folder support could be useful.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote