Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 03-20-2010, 09:45 AM   #1
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Glare issues on the Adam tablet

From what I've seen from videos so far the Adam tablet seems to be suffering from glare issues.

Look at this:

You could be using it as a mirror.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLEtIOBdRIM

Last edited by thinkpad; 03-20-2010 at 09:52 AM.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 12:09 PM   #2
Houndx
Groupie
Houndx doesn't litterHoundx doesn't litter

Device: A81 MID, Dell Streak
Not sure about the Adam, but I'd suspect the ipad uses the same type of display as the iphone. I've got a matte screen protector on my iphone and I can read it in direct sunlight without a problem.
Houndx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2010, 03:15 AM   #3
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
I'm looking forward to see the first reviews when the iPad is out to get a feel of the screen quality and possible glare issues.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:31 PM   #4
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
And the Adam isn't a real product yet, and their makers claimed, along with many other things, that it would ship with a more matte screen IIRC.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote