Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-28-2013, 12:52 AM   #1
LadyJulie
LadyJulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyJulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyJulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyJulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyJulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyJulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyJulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyJulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyJulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyJulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyJulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android (ICE) Tablet
Cool Reader and Black Screen

Hello all,

Please help me with a frustrating problem. I have been using Cool Reader (latest version) on my Android (ICE) Tablet for about 2 months now. However, I must have done something, what I have no idea! Now whenever I open the app something flashes very quickly and then the screen goes black/blank. If I press in the lower left corner I can bring up the Android menu and can select OS "things" but if I tap in the book area of the screen then it's back to a black screen.

I have tried to uninstall the app and redownload and reinstall. However, it has the same problem. Do I need to delete a configuration file that is staying on the unit?

Any other ideas??

I'm pulling my hair out so please help!!
LadyJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:35 AM   #2
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyJulie View Post
Hello all,

Please help me with a frustrating problem. I have been using Cool Reader (latest version) on my Android (ICE) Tablet for about 2 months now. However, I must have done something, what I have no idea! Now whenever I open the app something flashes very quickly and then the screen goes black/blank. If I press in the lower left corner I can bring up the Android menu and can select OS "things" but if I tap in the book area of the screen then it's back to a black screen.

I have tried to uninstall the app and redownload and reinstall. However, it has the same problem. Do I need to delete a configuration file that is staying on the unit?

Any other ideas??

I'm pulling my hair out so please help!!
After uninstalling the coolreader app delete any .cr3 folder in your tablet. You might not be able to see it with a normal file browser in android. So will need to connect your device to the pc and delete that way or use an app like total commander that can see hidden folders.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2013, 12:56 AM   #3
LadyJulie
LadyJulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyJulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyJulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyJulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyJulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyJulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyJulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyJulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyJulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyJulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyJulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android (ICE) Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
After uninstalling the coolreader app delete any .cr3 folder in your tablet. You might not be able to see it with a normal file browser in android. So will need to connect your device to the pc and delete that way or use an app like total commander that can see hidden folders.
Thank you. I downloaded an android file manager and then saw the folder you mentioned. I deleted the app, deleted the folder, then reinstalled and it worked perfectly.

THANKS SO MUCH!!!
LadyJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:00 PM   #4
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyJulie View Post
Thank you. I downloaded an android file manager and then saw the folder you mentioned. I deleted the app, deleted the folder, then reinstalled and it worked perfectly.

THANKS SO MUCH!!!
All of us here at mobileread love nothing better than success stories from people that have been helped here.

frahse is offline   Reply With Quote