Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 09:35 PM   #31
jezebel
Fanatic
jezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kindle Fire (5th Gen), Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joonbug1 View Post
(BTW: Can anyone tell me whose voice it was that told Walt over the phone outside Gus's house to just go home -- was it Mike? I didn't get a good listen at that part.)
I think it was Mike.

Quote:
But something's definitely going to happen, as Mike was visibly shaken and I think even scared himself when Gus killed Victor so brutally and suddenly.
Yeah, it was unsettling because Mike seems so solid.

Quote:
If there was a Mike-Walt-Jesse coalition to take down Gus, something tells me Mike wouldn't be so quick to let "Heisenberg" be the new boss of his -- maybe Mike would want to the new Number One...?
Mike strikes me more as a lone wolf than an alpha.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:38 PM   #32
Joonbug1
Groupie
Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jezebel View Post
OK, watched one and had to watch them both. Jesse breaks my heart every episode.
I agree wholeheartedly, Jezebel! Jesse is my favorite character and Aaron Paul is such an amazing actor. I love the way he can make you laugh or cry with no words needed, just by his immensely expressive facial expressions.
Advert
Old 07-28-2011, 09:43 PM   #33
Joonbug1
Groupie
Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jezebel View Post
Mike strikes me more as a lone wolf than an alpha.
True that. You're absolutely right about that, on deeper reflection. Mike does seem to be most comfortable as "the arm" and not necessarily "the head/brains" of an empire. In a way, his monologue to Walt about "half measures vs. full measures" had an effect on Walt making his drastic "full measure" moves against Gale and the two dealers which brought about a lot of their current trouble. Not to mention Jesse's part in that trouble - I really liked Walt sticking up for Jesse when begging for their lives in "Box Cutter" this new season. It shows that despite Jesse's many faults and screw ups he caused Walt, Walt is still willing to go to bat for him if his life depended on it.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:55 AM   #34
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Moderator Notice
Many of the posts in this thread have strayed from the OP, and have generated numerous reports to the MobileRead moderating team. Because some people have insisted on ignoring our warning we have no choice but to close the thread.
Closed Thread