Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-17-2014, 12:59 PM   #271
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
With OTD and Tablo, plus Netflix, I don't see why we should pay extra for HBO or CBS stream. Actually, I think is a rip off.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 05:40 PM   #272
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
With OTD and Tablo, plus Netflix, I don't see why we should pay extra for HBO or CBS stream. Actually, I think is a rip off.
Have you tried out a Tablo? If so what did you think?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2014, 09:55 PM   #273
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Have you tried out a Tablo? If so what did you think?

Love it!

The key is, get a good antenna and find a good spot in your house. Is a trial and error, but once you find it, you're good to go.

The advantage with Tablo, is that you can move the antenna far away from the TV and then stream via wifi, so it's an advantage if the reception is poor where the TV actually resides.

Over two months using it and it's awesome. I paid 5 bucks extra and I can also watch TV remotely or saved shows at lunch time.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 12:37 PM   #274
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
bump.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 02:04 PM   #275
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Oooh! What a fun thread to revisit!

I can update my current situation. Oh, how things have changed.

For one thing, I no longer have bandwidth caps or crappy shared speeds because I now have Google Fiber. That was a game changer.

I still have my faithful antenna on the side of the house, and it's working well just like it always has.

I still have Netflix, which my roommate and I share, and watch quite a bit on that.

Still have Amazon Prime, and watch quite a bit of stuff on there these days. Their new "Channel" offerings are nice, as I sometimes will pick up a channel for a month or two, watch everything I want to watch, then drop it.

I got a deal on Hulu (with limited commercials) via a package with my Spotify subscription. They have more that I want to watch than they used to, so I'm getting a lot of use out of that. I've enjoyed quite a bit of their original content, too. I've never minded commercials so for a few bucks a month, it's definitely been worth it.

My TV died and I replaced it with a Roku TV that I got on sale for pretty cheap. Don't remember the cost, bought it from WalMart. I've had it for about 3 years now and it's a great TV. Programmed my Harmony 650 remote with my favorite options and I can get to broadcast, Netflix, Hulu or Amazon with a button press.

With the release of Windows 10, I had switched from WMC and started running a media server using JRiver Media Center on an old refurbished computer I bought for about $60. Ran it 24/7 for a few years and then it died. I realized I wasn't really utilizing it much anyway so I haven't replaced it. I disconnected my SiliconDust tuners because I was never recording anything and I can just watch broadcast TV through the actual TV.

I used to love to tinker with this stuff. Now, I just want to push a button and have it happen.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2019, 10:56 AM   #276
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
O U T D A T E D ----- T H R E A D ----- from 2014

Warning, this thread was stagnant for 4-1/2 years so any data herein is highly questionable and outdated now since streaming has changed quite a bit over the past several years. @wodin did a "bump" post just to get a conversation from another thread pushed over to this outdated thread. A thread this old should probably be locked down for eternity as it will lead to confusion since it suddenly jumps from 2014 to yesterday (7 March 2019).
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote