Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-02-2009, 12:41 AM   #1
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
PRS-600 for $284

Seems some sony dealers seem to have the reader in stock. Found this deal at abt electronics

PRS-600 for $284. They are knocking 5% off for a labor day sale. They have Red & black in stock! Just ordered the red one. This is a good savings for me because its $15 less than sonystyles plus no tax was charged. Sonystyles was going to charge me $30 in tax.

http://www.abt.com/search/search.php...FYdB5god9hYqKw

ALso Prs-300 will cost $189
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:39 AM   #2
spirit_wolf
_^^~
spirit_wolf is on a distinguished road

Device: iPad 2, PRS-505, PRS-600
Wow lisreed, this is a good find, thanks (sent u some k)! Also free shipping. Has anyone purchased from ABT in the past?

The only problem I have is when I enter my zipcode, the ABT extended service plan says: "We're sorry, but we're unable to offer an extended warranty to your zipcode." I'll check into this more when ABT support opens in the morning. Hopefully there will still be some 600's left in stock...
spirit_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2009, 01:46 AM   #3
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

I never ordered from them before but after being frustrated with the backordering and seeing that a couple places seemed to have stock I checked a bit online. But I did notice they had almost a 1000 reviews of their store on google and heavily favorable at 4 1/2 stars. I didn't try to get an extended warranty so I don't know about that. Good luck!
Old 09-02-2009, 02:42 AM   #4
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
That's where I got my PRS-505 on December 5, 2007 when they 1st came out. It was fast and I did not have any problems with the reader.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:58 AM   #5
spirit_wolf
_^^~

Lilly, lisreed, thanks for the helpful feedback on ABT. So, the last thing I need to check is the extended service plan. I have the Sony extended service plan with coverage for accidental damage on my 505 (for peace of mind and the off chance that something might happen).

I can imagine all those MR fans getting up this morning and clicking the order button while I'm waiting for customer service to open.
Okay, postive thoughts, positive thoughts...
Advert
Old 09-02-2009, 09:43 AM   #6
spirit_wolf
_^^~

The power of positive intention!

Got the service plan info I needed, item was still in stock and my new PRS-600 (black) is on it's way! The free shipping option is listed as "ground 3-5 business days" so it won't be long.

ABT customer service says the message: "We're sorry, but we're unable to offer an extended warranty to your zipcode." will appear for every zip code because they don't have a service plan available for this item. However, Sony customer service confirmed that you can purchase an extended plan from them even if the reader was not purchased from Sony. Just call 1-877-865-7669 within 30 days of purchase, give them your serial number, where you bought it, etc.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:55 AM   #7
rixte
Addict
rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: new oasis, paperwhite, ipad, kobo
That is an absolutely fantastic deal and it might tip me over into buying a 5" before I was planning to
rixte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:40 AM   #8
dynabook
Techno-geek
dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1 (Black), PRS-T3S (Black), Kobo Aura ONE
Thank you lisreed. I had gotten my PRS-505 from Abt and was very satisfied so I checked them when I was ready to get the PRS-600. Since they didn't list the Touch Edition at the time I ordered from SonyStyle and was put on back-order. I just ordered from Abt and cancelled my order to SonyStyle.

I think I had to go through the same thing when I ordered my 505.
dynabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:53 AM   #9
lisreed
Addict

Glad I could help. I can't wait til it gets here. I also called sonystyles this morning to cancel my pre-order. And from ABT my order says its with the shipping dept. Yay!
Old 09-02-2009, 02:32 PM   #10
lisreed
Addict

I was just on the website checking my order and I noticed they don't seem to offering the 5% off anymore for any of the readers. I still got mine at the reduced price but I guess they decided to add the reader to the list of items they are excluding from the sale.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:44 PM   #11
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
They are a 45 minute drive from my house. May have to go there after work.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:55 PM   #12
freecia
Enthusiast
freecia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.freecia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.freecia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.freecia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle 3 3g+wifi, kindle 2, kindle 1
One of these 5% off coupons may apply
http://www.retailmenot.com/view/abt.com

-edited to add that the 5% off coupons sadly, don't apply. Perhaps there's bing cashback?

Last edited by freecia; 09-02-2009 at 05:06 PM.
freecia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:05 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by freecia View Post
One of these 5% off coupons may apply
http://www.retailmenot.com/view/abt.com

-edited to add that the 5% off coupons sadly, don't apply. Perhaps there's bing cashback?
The coupons don't work for one of two reasons. They are either expired, or they don't work since you already get 5% off. Don't wait till after the sale to find out if they work if you want a 600 or 300.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:12 AM   #14
spirit_wolf
_^^~

The world's briefest sale. Maybe the readers were selling out so quickly ABT decided to switch back to full price. Red and black 600's are still in stock at the moment. Fortunately my order went in while the sale was still in effect, but 5% is not that much in the scheme of things.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:37 AM   #15
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I didn't get in on the 5% deal but like you said it's not that much in the grand scheme. Was able to pick mine up last night.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote