Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-28-2009, 09:39 PM   #1
bmorrill
bmorrill began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Sony Reader title generation question

Does anyone know where the Reader/Library gets the book titles from? As an example of what I mean, follow me along for a bit.

I got my new PRS-700 yesterday (showed my wife how the 505 worked and lost possession of it ). I decided to start loading it, and decided to start with James Clavell's books. Converted everything to .rtf as "Asia saga 01 - Shogun", "Asia saga 02 - Taipan", etc. put them into a separate folder (neatness counts), then transferred them through the Library to the reader. When they got to the 700 they had changed titles to "Noble House", "King Rat", "Gaijin - James Clavell", "James Clavell - Taipan", and a blank line for "Shogun" (the book is there, however).

I repeat my question, where does the Reader or Library look to determine the title of the book? It obviously ain't the file name. Ideas, anyone?
bmorrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:52 PM   #2
bmorrill
bmorrill began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Thumbs up Never mind

After I posted, some "similar thread" suggestions popped up, and I think one of them told me what I wanted to know .
bmorrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2009, 05:21 PM   #3
jairizarry
jairizarry began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Well,
When I create my RTF files, I do it in Word. The properties box contains title and author info lines that are used in the book list of the library.

Be careful, my software always puts an extra space in front of the title that must be taken out or your titles don't line up in the reader.

Hope this helps!

jairizarry
jairizarry is offline   Reply With Quote