Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-29-2012, 05:38 PM   #1
cecdc7731
cecdc7731 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Question Calibre Companion Purchase

Is there a way or any plans for direct download and purchase from a website other than Google Play or Amazon Appstore? I don't own an android phone (or other android device) that allows me to get the app and sideload it to my Fire HD and obviously, Amazon appstore won't let me get it?

Thanks
cecdc7731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:58 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecdc7731 View Post
Is there a way or any plans for direct download and purchase from a website other than Google Play or Amazon Appstore? I don't own an android phone (or other android device) that allows me to get the app and sideload it to my Fire HD and obviously, Amazon appstore won't let me get it?

Thanks
Sorry, but no plans. We are still talking to Amazon about getting CC into the Kindle section of the app store, but they aren't being encouraging. Our suspicion is that they feel that CC would make a hole in their garden wall. They also could be concerned about the support issues that would certainly arise because of the difficulty of integrating with the built-in kindle app.

If you are brave and sufficiently technical then you could root your HD and install google play. However, given that an oops can lead to a bricked HD with no possibility of recovery, this is something to be approached with a great deal of caution.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2012, 06:15 AM   #3
dardarlt
dardarlt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Not available on Google play

I have rooted Sony PRS-T1, it has fully working Google Play on it, but Calbre Companion is not found on it.. There is no problem with other apps, also CC it is found on other devices Google Play

Update
Oh.. I guess I found a problem - it runs Android 2.2, and CC supports android from 2.3

Last edited by dardarlt; 12-20-2012 at 06:19 AM.
dardarlt is offline   Reply With Quote