Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-13-2009, 11:47 AM   #1
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
File Name "Tell"

Like a lot of folks I have quite a selection of unread samples, which I keep on my SD card. When looking at the files themselves, is there a giveaway in the name that tells me which are full books vs. only samples? I want to segregate the samples into a different folder on my card and wonder if there's a "tell" in the file name rather than having to look at each one on the Kindle to figure it out.
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:55 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Samples typically have EBSP in the filename, see Kindle Books From Amazon Without DRM for some example filenames. Since samples are DRM-free, the kindledrm.py command will find them for you.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2009, 11:58 AM   #3
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's for the prompt assistance. I will give the command you mentioned a try.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:16 PM   #4
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

Well, as I suspected, I wasn't able to get your command to work for me, but no worries. With the info you gave me via the link, I was able to do a search for "EBSP" in the file name and isolate them. Thanks again.