Notices

Old 12-24-2008, 01:12 PM   #1
sarikan
Zealot
sarikan began at the beginning.

Device: none
Anyone else having problems after 1.03

Dear all,
I've installed the latest update 1.03 into my dr1000, and I've charged it to the full, and shut it down afterwards. After two days or so, I started the device today, since I had a couple of long tube journeys, and the whole process has been nothing but frustration.
I have a 900+ page technical spec, and I have been reading it without any problems. I was at around page 300 the last time I left it.
This pdf that had no problems at all became unreadable. When I say unreadable I mean page turns that go up to 15 seconds, buttons responding to next/previous 10 seconds later or not responding at all. Main menu appearing with missing items?
On top of all, the battery fell from 4 full lines to zero in about 45 minutes, no writing at all, just page turns, and a couple of resets due to device being frozen.
Has anyone else seen this kind of problems? I'll test other docs etc, but this was a document that I used to read with no problems at all, so something is wrong.

Kind regards
Seref
sarikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 04:49 AM   #2
keng2000
Researcher and Consultant
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: MACBOOKPRO17" HP2400TX SONYUX27
How did you upgrade the FW1.03? where did you get the file?
I did upgrade with USFlasher and work great without problem.

You may return back ot US version and see if it still works, if it is not that is damaged pdf by somehome.(bad luck)
if it comes back, you may have incompleted upgrage.

Have you tried read it on PC?
keng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2008, 06:33 AM   #3
sarikan
Zealot
sarikan began at the beginning.

Device: none
Works on pc without any problems. I've upgraded via plugging the reader to usb and letting it handle the rest, using windows xp. I have given a try to a large number of pdfs yesterday and some of them are blazing fast, even though they are no smaller in file size or not less complex (pictures, page layout etc)
There is a difference that leads to slow performance, but I could not figure it out, If I knew it, I'd simply convert all my pdfs to high performing format. That's what I'm after

Kind regards
Seref
sarikan is offline   Reply With Quote