Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-28-2008, 10:02 AM   #1
Fermthe
Connoisseur
Fermthe began at the beginning.

Device: Prs-500/Iliad v2
Format Compact flash

Hello to all. I bought 2GB 266x sandisk cf card and im wondering what format i sould use for that fat or fat32 ?
Fermthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 07:09 PM   #2
timezone
Addict
timezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Windows Phone7, Kindle Fire
Unless you are having an issue with it there is no need to format the card. I have over the years purchaed more cards than I wish to remember. For smartphones, a camera, and now a reader. I have never formatted any of the cards.

Having said that I would say Fat32 since it handles sizes that would require Fat32. You can always format again if there is an issue. Again I would leave it alone and just use it.

Last edited by timezone; 09-28-2008 at 07:15 PM.
timezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2009, 07:59 AM   #3
vschmidt
vschmidt began at the beginning.

Device: IRex Iliad
Hallo, I bought also CF Kingston Elite Pro 133x 4 Gb for my Iliad. I didn't format it, just copy files from computer using USB CardReader and putted in Iliad. All was ok until I got "writing error" by next copying files into CF and lost all of them. I tried formated CF in FAT32 with standart Windows utils, but after it Iliad didn't understand this CF. As I found, this ist well known issue but without official solution.

So, I don't advise anybody format his CF if it works without any "writting errors" and etc.

P.S. If you like to do some experiments or have above described problems, I can advise "HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool". After formatting with this program my problem was resolved.
vschmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:55 AM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by timezone View Post
Unless you are having an issue with it there is no need to format the card. I have over the years purchaed more cards than I wish to remember. For smartphones, a camera, and now a reader. I have never formatted any of the cards.
Usually cards come pre-formatted. Whether the company does it, or you do it, it should be the same result though.

Quote:
Having said that I would say Fat32 since it handles sizes that would require Fat32. You can always format again if there is an issue. Again I would leave it alone and just use it.
Definitely FAT32. I'm not sure if the iLiad will recognize anything else (at least not without shell access and modifying some files).
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:50 PM   #5
skolapper
skolapper began at the beginning.

Device: Jeah
Format Compact flash

Did anyone get this question answered? Does anyone have software to make ebooks in EBA format?

I know I shouldnt dig up an old thread, but Im getting a device that reads EBA and Id like to make ebooks for it.
skolapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert