Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-15-2011, 06:55 AM   #1
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
0.8.22 not suporting Fetch Annotations ?

Hi All
It appears I can no longer fetch annotations from my K3 if I use calibre 0.8.22
If I uninstall and go back to 0.8.21 all works as expected.
Just me ? I cant count the number of reboots/resinstalls etc.
This was what I got:
""Blody hell - cant figure out how to attach a screenshot !! !

Well, you'll have to live with the text from calibre-debug -g

Starting up...
Started up in 1.86800003052
Job: 1 Get device information started
DeviceJob: 1 Get device information done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 1 Get device information callback returned
Job: 2 Get list of books on device started
DEBUG: 0.0 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= None
DEBUG: 0.0 USBMS: dirs are: H:\ documents
Job: 1 Get device information finished
No details available.
DEBUG: 6.4 USBMS: scan from root False H:\documents
DEBUG: 15.5 USBMS: count found in cache: 1350, count of files in metadata: 1350, need_sync: False
DEBUG: 15.5 USBMS: Finished fetching list of books from device. oncard= None
DEBUG: 15.5 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= carda
DEBUG: 15.5 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= cardb
DeviceJob: 2 Get list of books on device done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 2 Get list of books on device callback returned
Job: 3 Send metadata to device started
DEBUG: 19.9 USBMS: starting sync_booklists
Job: 2 Get list of books on device finished
No details available.
DEBUG: 29.5 USBMS: finished sync_booklists
DeviceJob: 3 Send metadata to device done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 3 Send metadata to device callback returned
Job: 3 Send metadata to device finished
No details available.
Job: 4 Get annotations from device started
DeviceJob: 4 Get annotations from device done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 4 Get annotations from device callback returned
Job: 4 Get annotations from device finished
No details available.
Notifying calibre of the change
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\annotate.py", line 188, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 900, in get_metadata
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

QObject::setParent: Cannot set parent, new parent is in a different thread
QObject::setParent: Cannot set parent, new parent is in a different thread
QObject::startTimer: timers cannot be started from another thread
QApplication: Object event filter cannot be in a different thread.

etc etc etc

I decided to skip 0.8.22 and downgraded to 0.8.21 and all is weel

So far !

Cheers, Per
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:03 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I cannot think of any change in 0.8.22 that should impact fetching annotations.I tried it with my Kindle 3 and it worked.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2011, 02:08 PM   #3
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
I had to go back to 8.21 as well, with 8.22 it worked the first time than after that Calibre would crash every time I fetched Annotations.
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:28 AM   #4
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Question Hmm - issues with 0.8.21 as well ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckywc View Post
I had to go back to 8.21 as well, with 8.22 it worked the first time than after that Calibre would crash every time I fetched Annotations.
Hi beckywc !
Thanks for confirming I'm not the only one with problems with 8.22.
As I said I downgraded to 8.21 and all seems to work.
However - this morning I did a spot check of the info returned from Fetch Annotations. The % seems to be wrong. Date is fine, location is fine, but K3 says 90% read, and fetch annotation says 0% in books comments.
Just to try something to maybe fix this, I just upgraded FW on K3 to 3.3 but no change.
I do NOT have the Facebook sharing enabled.

Could you have a look to see if you might have the same issues ?

Cheers, Per

P.S. I haven't been able to spot any changes in the release notes that could cause this, so I understand why Kovid is puzzled.
Something changed somewhere, sometime, I just didn't spot it till now.
I don't think the K3 changed the format of mbp files until I upgraded FW this morning. But I don't know for sure.

Last edited by pchrist7; 10-16-2011 at 01:31 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-16-2011, 02:02 AM   #5
pchrist7
Addict

downgrade to 8.18 no help

As it says. % is still 0 even though K3 says 99%
Could this be related to calibre tweak new_mobi_writer=True ??

This means I can't keep track of reading status within Calibre :-(
I'll survive, but I'm kind of used to this functionality

Hope someone on the Calibre team has any input to this issue.
Will stop experiments until I have some more info.

Last correct % value from fetch annotations was 13th. october

Looking forward to your help,

Cheers, Per
Advert
Old 10-16-2011, 02:28 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Unfortunately the person who wrote the fetch annotations code for the Kindle, GRiker, no longer has a Kindle and so isn't interested in maintaining it. So unless soeone else volunteers, it's likely to languish.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:47 AM   #7
pchrist7
Addict

My problem fixed in 0.8.23

Hi All
Just a status report.
I no longer have any problems fetching annotations from my K3 using Calibre 0.8.23.

It turned out my latest post might have been caused by my K3 losing track of date and time. Almost like me - I also tend to loose track of time,place,location ... ehhhh (no, just kidding )
Sorry for any trouble I might have caused with this thread.
Can't figure out how change title of thread to show "fixed in 0.8.23" or something like that. Moderator ?

@beckywc: 0.8.23 works for you as well ?

@Kovid: thank for all your hard work, and I hope you're getting settled, on-line etc. etc. My best to your wife as well (damn, here I go again, forgot her lovely name, hopefully you know who )

Cheers, Per
Old 10-21-2011, 12:36 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Her name's Krittika and thanks for the best wishes. We're settling in nicely

Glad to hear your problems disappeared.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:10 PM   #9
onedot3
Nameless Being

My K3 has just updated to 3.3 and I have updated Calibre to 0.8.23 (missed out 0.8.22)and fetch annotations is OK for me.