Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-19-2010, 09:31 AM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Power Issue all of a sudden

I've got a rooted Nook, and I've had it since August, and over the past few days I've noticed that I can plug it in and do a full charge...and the next day I get low power and I'm only reading for say 2-3 hours intermittently.

I've got the Airplane Mode on, my color screen set to go dark at 10 seconds.

I've got a screen saver, so Im going to disable that....if eInk doesn't burn in, I guess I don't see the point, but will gt something to see when it goes to sleep.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:42 AM   #2
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
there has to something downloaded in the root that is draining the battery source.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2010, 09:45 AM   #3
barrist
Enthusiast
barrist began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
is it still running Trook? you have to manually exit that program or its known to drain battery. also in wifi locker, some people have disabled ADB to help.
barrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:52 AM   #4
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks guys.....I don't know how to "close" trook other than pressing the "n" to go back to the home screen.

Other than that, I haven't disabled ADB, what would that do? I remember something about it, but it has slipped my mind as to what exactly.

I called B&N, and they had me just discharge the Nook, and the plug it in again and let it sit for 4 hours before powering it on, if it doesn't work, call back Monday and they'll send a battery out.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:24 AM   #5
barrist
Enthusiast
barrist began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
in trook, go to the settings icon and there's an option to exit trook

I guess having ADB enabled also drains the battery, so it might help. It's only useful to have enabled when you're using ADB afaik.
barrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2010, 01:42 PM   #6
jhempel24
Wizard

Cool, thanks, will do!!
Old 11-20-2010, 05:00 PM   #7
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
I had the same problem and I found an interesting oddity. When I had WiFi Locker on a WiFi model with all the power options turned off, there was no power loss. When I had the same app on a 3G model, it sucked th epower totally in 16 hours. I have since uninstalled WiFi Locker and, so far, the 3G model seems to be holding the charge.

I think Locker is the problem. I had a power loss, I removed Trook and Locker, no power problem. I reinstalled Locker, problem returns. Remove Locker, problem gone.

I would guess it is overriding airplane mode and trying to active WiFi even when it is not active.
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:23 AM   #8
jhempel24
Wizard

Hmm....that's pretty interesting, but I have a problem with my Wi-Fi staying connected, so I lock it when I turn my Wi-Fi on.....if I knew what ADB did, and when I would need to use it, I would turn it off and only turn it on when I needed it.

Any thoughts from anyone on the ADB?
Old 11-21-2010, 06:17 PM   #9
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Hmm....that's pretty interesting, but I have a problem with my Wi-Fi staying connected, so I lock it when I turn my Wi-Fi on.....if I knew what ADB did, and when I would need to use it, I would turn it off and only turn it on when I needed it.

Any thoughts from anyone on the ADB?
As I understand it, "ADB, or Android Debug Bridge, is a versatile tool lets you manage the state of an emulator instance or Android-powered device."

In other words, it allows communication with our nook at basic levels. I think you would only need it on when issuing commands, or adding or deleting apps.
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote