Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-22-2012, 05:55 PM   #1
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
List format in Sigil

I have tried to use the following style to format a list.

Code:
ul{
  list-style-type: none;
  margin-left: 20%;
  margin-right: 15%;
}
Straight html viewer displays the list items with no symbols but Sigil inserts bullets in front of each item. Have I done something wrong?

I still get confused in CSS.
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:48 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post

Code:
ul{
  list-style-type: none;
  margin-left: 20%;
  margin-right: 15%;
}
Straight html viewer displays the list items with no symbols but Sigil inserts bullets in front of each item. Have I done something wrong?

I still get confused in CSS.
disk, square,circle
none is not a choice listed in section 10.3.1

IIRC the default for first level UL is disc (what you are seeing).

From other posts, I gather that 'lists' are problematic in EPUB and probably should be avoided . (code each item by hand)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:59 AM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
If you don't care much about exact presentation (margins, alignment, separation between bullet and text, etc.), it's probably OK. But as soon as you want to get a consistent format... forget it, particularly if you want to start a numbered list in an item different than the first.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:40 PM   #4
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post

I can't reproduce your issue, but i noticed some unusual behaviour of sigil with the "none" value and nested lists as well.

IMO, your code is OK, but I agree that they should be avoided. If you've ever seen any list on a pocketbook, you would know what i mean...

Last edited by mmat1; 07-23-2012 at 12:43 PM.
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #5
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmat1 View Post
I can't reproduce your issue, but i noticed some unusual behaviour of sigil with the "none" value and nested lists as well.

IMO, your code is OK, but I agree that they should be avoided. If you've ever seen any list on a pocketbook, you would know what i mean...
Thank you. I will avoid lists.
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote