Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-13-2010, 01:01 PM   #1
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member
jenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enough

Device: EZ Read Pocket Pro
The New EZ Read Bookstore

Forum goers and friends,

As I mentioned earlier in a thread, we have just launched our redesigned eBookstore sometime in the wee hours of this morning. This is our first week, technically a "soft run", so if you find any mistakes, even a little one, feel free to mention it in the thread!

http://www.ezread.com/

We are also beginning 10 weeks of giveaways to promote our site. For the first three weeks, we are having a 'sign up' giveaway, where every week we will give (3) eBook readers to our registered users. You can see more details and rules here:

http://www.ezread.com/activity.asp

To be honest, we don't have a huge number of fans on Facebook and Twitter, so for all of our future giveaways (which will include iPods, cash prizes, etc.) I believe that all of you have a REALLY good shot. Share with your friends and keep checking back on the "rules" page for a different prize each week!

Anyways, let me know what you think about the new layout, and hopefully we can get those agency model books up soon!

Jenifer

Last edited by jenifer.ezread; 10-13-2010 at 01:39 PM.
jenifer.ezread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:07 PM   #2
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
I noticed the new book store late last night. One error is that when you choose the Advanced Search, and search on "Author", a warning window pops up, but all works OK.

Wish you had more search indicators besides "Title" and "Author". Like genre, date release/published.

On the display of the searched books, I didn't see whether the books was an epub or pdf. It would be nice to see that since the two different formats are listed separately.

Still waiting for my favorite author to be carried.......

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:21 PM   #3
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member
jenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
Still waiting for my favorite author to be carried.......

AJ
Thanks for your feedback, I'm sending this to tech right now. And who is your favorite author?
Old 10-13-2010, 02:49 PM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Sent you an email off list, Jenifer. Perhaps we can help with some instant input. The site looks well set to go. Good luck and best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:53 PM   #5
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenifer.ezread View Post
Thanks for your feedback, I'm sending this to tech right now. And who is your favorite author?

Jayne Ann Krentz, aka Amanda Quick (which EZ Read does have), aka Jayne Castle

Love her Arcane Series.

Also waiting for Lori Foster's Say No to Joe, which so far only Amazon has in ebook format.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:43 PM   #6
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I am having a few issues with the site.

1. When I search by author for Octavia Butler I get 138 results even if I put the name in quotes. The first returned is one of her books, but I am not looking thru that many results to see if you have any of her other books. You can sort by author but then I would have to figure out which page she was on since so may other authors are returned.

2. The max per page is only 12 books. That really needs to be higher.

3. When I click on a book to check it out and then go back to the previous page my items per page and size are changed back to the default 6 to a page and shown in large size which shows one per row.

4. I am probably one of very few that has this problem - I cannot read with a bright white background, so in internet explorer I go toTools - Internet -Options - Accessibility and choose "Ignore colors specified on webpages". When I do this I cannot see where to enter search info since this is shown only by color. This is a problem for me on a lot of sites though. MobileRead gets it right so I know it can be done - I see the outlines for a text box to enter search terms.

Sorry to be so negative, but I can't really use a site that shows so few per page especially when I choose otherwise. I don't remember having this problem on the old site. The colors issue I can get around and a lot of other sites have this issue so that wouldn't stop me from using the site.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:18 PM   #7
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
I think the site's clean and bright, PL. sorry to disagree. And thanks for the quick email response, Jenifer. We're cooking on gas. Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:41 PM   #8
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member

Keep those comments coming! We will consider every and all, good or bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
I think the site's clean and bright, PL. sorry to disagree. And thanks for the quick email response, Jenifer. We're cooking on gas. Cheers. Neil
Can't wait to work with you, Neil, I'm just sharing all of the info with my boss right now!
Old 10-13-2010, 04:48 PM   #9
rrrlakin
shu-shu
rrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenrrrlakin has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: two Astak PP/various kindles
Jenifer,
your "categories" contain many misspellings and/or typos. It gives a very unprofessional impression. For example "fantasy" is spelled as "fantacy," "adventure" is missing its v, etc. I wouldn't worry about this in a posting, but in a commercial website?

Bob Roberts
rrrlakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:50 PM   #10
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Terry Pratchett in epub format please!!
Like the colors of the site.
S

Last edited by silverraven; 10-13-2010 at 05:02 PM.
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:07 PM   #11
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Regarding the competition, I have just read the rules and am a little confused by something

Quote:
-Contest entries are only valid for US residents and the residents outside of the U.S.
So does that mean the contest is open to anyone globally? Or does it mean it is only open to US residents, and US residents who happen to be outside of the US at time of competition?
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:15 PM   #12
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrrlakin View Post
Jenifer,
your "categories" contain many misspellings and/or typos. It gives a very unprofessional impression. For example "fantasy" is spelled as "fantacy," "adventure" is missing its v, etc. I wouldn't worry about this in a posting, but in a commercial website?

Bob Roberts
Oh dear. Sort of funny, in a way. Our late-night working engineers are surely responsible. I'll go through the categories right now!
Old 10-13-2010, 05:20 PM   #13
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Regarding the competition, I have just read the rules and am a little confused by something

So does that mean the contest is open to anyone globally? Or does it mean it is only open to US residents, and US residents who happen to be outside of the US at time of competition?
Oh my. This is a typo. But technically, you CAN be outside of the US and just have a US address (a grandma, etc) in order to receive a prize.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:57 PM   #14
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Oh my. This is a typo. But technically, you CAN be outside of the US and just have a US address (a grandma, etc) in order to receive a prize.
Damn!!! Well that counts me out unfortunately
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:01 PM   #15
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Quote:
I resent that, and I sincerely hope that one of your future giveaways will take into account us international people.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote