Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-15-2009, 08:49 PM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
the windows version of calibre has a built in rar library. Try the following from the command line

any2epub filename.rar

and post the error message
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:26 AM   #17
giddion
Connoisseur
giddion doesn't littergiddion doesn't litter

Device: samsung i910 now - cybook later
Error I get is:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "from_any.py", line 204, in <module>
  File "from_any.py", line 200, in main
  File "from_any.py", line 170, in any2epub
ValueError: Conversion from CBR is not supported
giddion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2009, 12:39 PM   #18
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oops, my mistake the command should be

comic2epub not any2epub
Old 02-17-2009, 02:01 PM   #19
giddion
Connoisseur

That command gives:
Code:
  File "from_comic.py", line 16, in <module>
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\comic\conv
ert_from.py", line 554, in main
ert_from.py", line 497, in do_convert
ert_from.py", line 57, in extract_comic
  File "calibre\__init__.pyo", line 144, in extract
Exception: Unknown archive type
But the comic archive opens just fine with comical.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:20 PM   #20
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

rename the file from .rar to .cbr
Advert
Old 02-17-2009, 02:52 PM   #21
giddion
Connoisseur

Did you mean that the other way around? The file is a CBR
Old 02-17-2009, 03:40 PM   #22
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by giddion View Post
Did you mean that the other way around? The file is a CBR
What's the exact file name?
Old 02-26-2009, 10:11 PM   #23
banjopicker
banjopicker began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
comic2pdf missing reportlab.pdfgen ?

When I try to use comic2pdf I get the following error:

Code:
  File "from_comic.py", line 16, in <module>
  File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\comic\convert_from.py", line 554, in main
  File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\comic\convert_from.py", line 523, in do_convert
  File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\lrf\comic\convert_from.py", line 395, in create_pdf
ImportError: No module named reportlab.pdfgen
I am trying comic2pdf rather than comic2epub because the graphics output on the epub files is very poor.

comic2lrf works, but I want to try using comic2pdf because I am hoping that the PDF will be able to store graphics scaled so that the image width is saved at the resolution of the Sony's height, so that comics will still be rendered at max resolution when turned to widescreen mode instead of upsampled by the reader. I currently haven't been able to do this with comic2lrf--when the reader scales up an image for widescreen view it is obviously scaled instead of at a higher native resolution, even with the -w flag set.
banjopicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:18 PM   #24
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

comic2pdf is not fully functional in the 0.4.x series. It will only be fully integrated in the 0.5.x series.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:01 PM   #25
tzman
tzman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Prs 505
Conversion New Options

Please, add an option to enable/disable trimming images of the cbr/cbz. Sometimes trimming doesn't work well, and crops large areas of covers and indexes.

Thanks for all and Greetings from Spain.

Last edited by tzman; 03-05-2009 at 11:05 PM.
tzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:54 AM   #26
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

open a ticket or I will forget.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:26 AM   #27
Hypernova
Hyperreader
Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Current: Boox Leaf2 (broken) Past: H2O, Kindle PW1, DXG;Pocketbook 360
Red face Recognize ZIP/RAR as comic

I know someone asked this before in the old thread, and I know there are a lot of ways to easily change the extension. But could you make an option so that Calibre recognize zip/rar as comic instead of some kind of text archive? All of my comic files (manga, actually) are in either zip or rar, and changing the extension, while easy enough, is kind of annoying. I don't know how many people depends on the fact that zip/rar is an archive of text files, so I don't ask to change the default behavior, but can I ask for an option? Thank you.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:58 AM   #28
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
To change extensions of many files, start command promt, change to the directory and type:
Code:
ren *.zip *.cbz
ren *.rar *.cbr
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 03:12 PM   #29
Hypernova
Hyperreader
Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Current: Boox Leaf2 (broken) Past: H2O, Kindle PW1, DXG;Pocketbook 360
Thank you igorsk. I really appreciate your help, but I would like to keep my request. I can't claim something like "a lot of people will find this useful", but I still think it's a good thing to have this option.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 03:58 PM   #30
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Making it an option is certainly possible, open a ticket and I'll get around to implementing it at some point.

Tags
cbz, comic