Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #61
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
I'd add my vote for the official Amazon case. It's not cheap, but it holds the PW securely, provides good protection and turns it on/off when you open and close it, which I find a good feature.
I've got a purple one, which my wife chose because the PW was originally hers before she decided to go back to paper books (!).
Bear in mind when choosing your colour though that an edge the colour of the cover is visible all round the PW when the cover is open, so I'm glad it's not a brighter colour as a brightly coloured edge may be distracting.
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:22 PM   #62
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I've tried a few cases. I began with the Amazon Paperwhite case which was fine except that I want to be able to remove it easily so I can use the Paperwhite without it at home and with it when I leave the house.

I bought a couple of Ebay cases. One was so difficult to remove that I needed a screwdriver. I won't use that one again.

One was fine except that it has a little snap flap that wasn't easy to get out of the way when I was reading and I was always afraid of it scratching the screen.

I ordered this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190803415865
and it arrived yesterday and it's pretty nearly perfect. It's easy to put on and off. It's pretty light; lighter than the Amazon case by far. It's also a lot more comfortable to hold. And, best of all, the magnet that turns on the screen also holds the door closed real well when it's off. This is the one I'll be using.

It says it's synthetic leather but it both looks and smells like real leather. I'm sure that odor must be artificial and who knows how long it will last but in the meantime it does seem real. It's slight enough that I don't really notice it unless I happen to be thinking about it.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #63
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
I have this one in dark blue. It is very well and neatly made (says something as OCD wouldn't let me tolerate uneven stitches), magnet works perfectly every time, light is off and Kindle is closed tight, won't let anything in in the handbag. It adds a bit of bulk but no bother for me. I especially like the strap for holding it with one hand. I'm thinking of buying more colours...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...&s=electronics
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:59 PM   #64
Mycropht
Optimist
Mycropht has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mycropht has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mycropht has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mycropht has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
It seems my cover is not yet covered in this thread. I have a black "SLIM LIGHT MAGNETIC CRAZY HORSE COVER CASE":

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SLIM-LIGHT-M...item35c82ea17d

It was $9.90 plus $2.90 for registered mail (optional). The quality is acceptable, it looks very nice and it fits perfectly. Getting the PW is also quite easy. The best part is the weight, just 73 grams. The sleep/wake function works perfectly. It folds over nicely but the magnet is holding it only when closed.

Recommended, especially for the price.

Last edited by Mycropht; 11-10-2013 at 01:58 PM.
Mycropht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #65
EbokJunkie
Addict
EbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook Touch, Sony 950, 350
Just bought two of this from Amazon.
I like Dual Color option (select eighth icon from the left at the top row of icons).
$13.99, magnets, seems durable. I even managed to hook a stylus.
EbokJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
case, kindle paperwhite