Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-27-2020, 06:37 PM   #1
covo
covo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle5 classic
older versions of the plugins

I'm looking for a place on the web where there are different / older versions of Caliber plugins. For example, I am looking for: EpubMerge, EpubSplit, Wiki Reader for Caliber 2.0.
do you know such a place?
covo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:40 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by covo View Post
I'm looking for a place on the web where there are different / older versions of Caliber plugins. For example, I am looking for: EpubMerge, EpubSplit, Wiki Reader for Caliber 2.0.
There is no repository for older Calibre plugins. Why not just install the a later version of Calibre?

What OS and version are you running?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2020, 06:57 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Ask in the plugin threads themselves, maybe some developers have them, but there is no centralised version controlled GitHub type repository.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 11:50 AM   #4
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
All of my plugins (see list in my sig) are on GitHub with old releases saved (surprise!) under Releases.
Example: EpubMerge Releases
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 05:36 PM   #5
covo

thx. So I have epub * I still have to find Wiki Reader for caliber 2.0 (if it exists...)
Advert
Old 03-29-2020, 08:06 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
thx. So I have epub * I still have to find Wiki Reader for caliber 2.0 (if it exists...)
Why are you running such an old version of Calibre?
Old 03-29-2020, 11:22 PM   #7
covo

ufff...
(ok. couse xp posready)
Old 03-30-2020, 05:57 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
ufff...
(ok. couse xp posready)
You do realize you really really really need to upgrade to Windows 10. Calibre 2.0 will work with hardly any of the current Readers. Plus, you won't get any bug fixes or new features. Plus, given that XP is no longer supported, a lot of software will no longer work on XP.

Seariously, stop looking for old plugins and upgrade and then you can run a much newer Calibre.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:39 AM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You do realize you really really really need to upgrade to Windows 10. Calibre 2.0 will work with hardly any of the current Readers. Plus, you won't get any bug fixes or new features. Plus, given that XP is no longer supported, a lot of software will no longer work on XP.

Seariously, stop looking for old plugins and upgrade and then you can run a much newer Calibre.
Jon,
I think most folk KNOW XP has issues.

You and I have enough income, that replacing a PC ($300 for a W10 refurbed Dell) is no big deal $$$ wise. We have skills that allow us to fight past the road blocks that some upgrade present.

BUT there are so many things that don't work past XP (or W7), that fixing those, IS A BIG DEAL.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 06:49 AM   #10
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Jon, covo is running a POS system, when he upgrades he might want to run Windows 10 iOT (embedded Windows) which only supports UWP apps and runs mainly on ARM.

Now find something useful to do, like an app that growls when we touch our faces. Or make some face masks.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 08:20 AM   #11
covo

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Jon,
You and I have enough income
We have skills
I like it
Old 03-30-2020, 08:47 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Jon,
I think most folk KNOW XP has issues.

You and I have enough income, that replacing a PC ($300 for a W10 refurbed Dell) is no big deal $$$ wise. We have skills that allow us to fight past the road blocks that some upgrade present.

BUT there are so many things that don't work past XP (or W7), that fixing those, IS A BIG DEAL.
I have Windows 10 installed on a POS system and it's working OK. Eventually that POS system will be replaced with a NUC system (those little box computers). I have to figure out what I want and to save fo it.