Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-19-2014, 11:38 PM   #12511
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
See? They know what they're doing!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:47 PM   #12512
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Nasty group of storms went through at dinner time - LOTS of cloud to ground lightning - lights dimmed/flickered a lot - fortunately power stayed on. The thunder cracks frightened the cats into hiding .... until I finally made my dinner - when the little beggars magically re-appeared to get in line for some shredded cheddar strands - they all love cheddar cheese.

More storms all day tomorrow ..... charging up all the devices tonight ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2014, 01:35 PM   #12513
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mostly sunny up here. I can't think of any plausible excuse not to mow the lawn and hack weeds today.
Old 06-22-2014, 01:41 PM   #12514
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Today's weather is weird -- overcast, cool (in the 70's F) and very humid -- coolish very damp day -

I too had to mow the lawn this morning ...
Old 06-25-2014, 01:24 PM   #12515
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Today's weather is weird -- overcast, cool (in the 70's F) and very humid -- coolish very damp day -

I too had to mow the lawn this morning ...
Can you please either send some of the rain or the cool down here to Charlotte? Man, do I want to come home...
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2014, 01:52 PM   #12516
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Too late ... it's all gone now ... approaching the July 4th weekend ALWAYS ushers in the hottest stickiest weather - this morning, instead of being refreshingly cool, was already humid & unpleasant at 6 am. So, you'll have to wait until October or so, for the cool weather to return.
Old 06-25-2014, 04:00 PM   #12517
cromag

Warm and breezy. So far it's just very humid, not actually raining.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:29 AM   #12518
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My office at the university doesn't have a window (because as a practical matter, that earned me a double sized office ) and I completely missed a little thunderstorm we had yesterday.

Of course as I left and was walking to my car, it just meant that I had steam rising from the pavement to contend with.

Same forecast for today - wet blanket with a chance of re-wetting midday.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:23 AM   #12519
poohbear_nc
Now what?

That's our forecast too .... it's that time of year when my glasses fog up walking out to the car ....
Old 06-26-2014, 09:29 AM   #12520
astrangerhere
Professor of Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
That's our forecast too .... it's that time of year when my glasses fog up walking out to the car ....
I have been wearing glasses for more than 25 years and I have determined that the better glasses tech gets (scratch protection, PC glare coating, etc.), the MORE they fog up and get dirty. I actually have to carry lens cleaner with me now because condensation drying on the lens can blur them now.

To keep it on topic, my humidity meter has gone up 10% in the last 2 hours.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:57 AM   #12521
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I used to wear safety glasses while riding my motorcycle home from work at midnight. Sometimes the humidity was so bad that it fogged my glasses completely, making them useless. Helmet face shields were no better, yet to avoid getting pulled over by the police, I had to have either a face shield or glasses when I drove my bike. Solution? I popped the lenses out of my safety glasses and wore the frames. I never once got pulled, although I had to keep my speed under 40 mph and always worried about collisions with bugs.

I never liked wearing safety glasses at work at times when not required by common sense to stay safe either, yet the employer required their use at all times, even when seated at a desk doing paperwork. The frameless lenses came in handy then, too. It's amazing how people just assume that because you have frames on your face they contain lenses.

Of course, that won't help those of you who need to wear glasses.

The weather's not too shoddy here today. The temps will climb to just under 90 if Bing has anything to say about it, but the humidity will stay low.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 06-26-2014 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Type O
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 03:13 PM   #12522
cromag

Very hot and very sunny.

In my continuing battle with the wisteria I'm going to try using a vinegar (with a little dish detergent) spray to kill back the vegetation. Sources say this works best in hot weather with direct sunlight. I'm set!
Old 06-27-2014, 06:05 PM   #12523
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Coolish & overcast - storms to the south of us - storms tomorrow ....
Old 06-27-2014, 08:12 PM   #12524
cromag

Sunset.
Old 06-28-2014, 11:52 AM   #12525
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Very sticky, hot, oppressive ... trying to trigger a migraine ... sigh ...

Tags
clouds and lightning and, hugo and lefty