Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-23-2013, 12:00 AM   #121
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Search grasshopper --> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=163997

However, I *DO* believe there are issues right now with the Plugin interface and current versions of Kobo firmware. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=215734
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:20 AM   #122
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Search grasshopper --> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=163997

However, I *DO* believe there are issues right now with the Plugin interface and current versions of Kobo firmware. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=215734
Yes, I was about to create a new thread with a Koreader package since most of the issues are solved now, but I'm waiting for a new version of Tweaks to be released.
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2013, 05:23 AM   #123
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
You can use the trick that the Launcher uses to startup without Tweak.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #124
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
You can use the trick that the Launcher uses to startup without Tweak.
Or use the Launcher itself to startup the OkReader.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:08 PM   #125
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Or use the Launcher itself to startup the OkReader.
how should the Kobo_launcher.ini be modified please? Could one use the same to launch the night mode? Thanks!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2013, 05:53 PM   #126
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
how should the Kobo_launcher.ini be modified please? Could one use the same to launch the night mode? Thanks!
It should look like that:
Code:
koreader  = /mnt/onboard/.kobo/koreader/kore.sh /mnt/onboard
Please check the path. I cannot remember whether this is the origianl path or whether I have changed it. I don't have koreader installed now, so I cannot check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
Could one use the same to launch the night mode? Thanks!
Yes, I never did it differently.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #127
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

thanks a lot!
Old 06-24-2013, 03:24 AM   #128
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
It should look like that:
Code:
koreader  = /mnt/onboard/.kobo/koreader/kore.sh /mnt/onboard
In case anybody reads this out of context, I state the evident: First giorgio130 has to release the new koreader, then we can launch it under FW 2.6.1 with the kobo launcher.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:10 PM   #129
cgm999
Enthusiast
cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.

Device: kobo
Hello,

I own a Kobo Aura HD and would like to help getting koreader working on it. Anything that I can help with / test / etc ?
cgm999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:42 PM   #130
JonnyXDA
Android Developer
JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
Yes, I was about to create a new thread with a Koreader package since most of the issues are solved now, but I'm waiting for a new version of Tweaks to be released.
Maybe this is more suited to the tweaks thread but surely all that needs doing to get the tweaks plugin to display some functionality is for the tweaks to be recompiled under a development environment that has been built using the new toolchain?
JonnyXDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:24 PM   #131
muness
muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.muness beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Aura HD, Story HD, Sony PRS-350 (previous: Kindle Keyboard, PRS-505)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgm999 View Post
Hello,

I own a Kobo Aura HD and would like to help getting koreader working on it. Anything that I can help with / test / etc ?
Ditto me. I would even donate towards getting the developer one so they could test on it if the forum rules don't ban that sort of thing.
muness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:54 PM   #132
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
If we could figure out how to have Kobo deliver one to Rome, I'd be glad to get him one.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:03 PM   #133
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Just mail it yourself!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:01 AM   #134
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Just mail it yourself!
uh, not that is, don't forget you are talking about Italy. So, although you can order an Aura online and have it delivered by Mondadori, godforbid you were to mail one yourself from anywhere in the world: Italians postal rules are such that the Aura (or any ereader for that matter) cannot be sent in the mail! I ended up flying with a Mini to Rome. The device was deemed safe enough for the hold of an airliner carrying hundred of passengers, but too dangerous to go as a mail parcel. grrrrrrrrr
Old 06-30-2013, 04:18 AM   #135
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
You can buy an Aura from Unieuro and send it to his address.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote