Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-17-2011, 10:56 AM   #1
wolfskitten
wolfskitten began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
Pandigital changed from Kobo to B&N

something odd has happened. I started up my ereader and it froze at the opening screen. I held the power button for 5 seconds to restart it and it rebooted BUT it was no longer showing Kobo as my libary. It had set up with Barnes and Noble and there is now a few other apps that my ereader didn't display before... strange - anyone else have this happen to them in the past couple of days?

thank you for any ideas
wolfskitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:59 AM   #2
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
sounds like you had an alternate firmware on your memory card and you flashed over to it. If you didn't put it there, then the Pandigital you bought was probably returned by a previous owner who did put it there.

Not sure how/why they would have reverted it to stock firmware and still had a different firmware on the card.

If you had Kobo, I assume you have the black model, which I am unfamiliar with. But I'm sure someone here or on slatedroid can help you get it back to stock firmware if that is what you want.

What apps are on it? SAM and ES file explorer are a couple of the ones that are on the main screen of the open platform firmwares for the white model.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2011, 12:20 PM   #3
wolfskitten

yes i have the black 7" pandigital. Now it has "slide" and "office suite" on it... and the strangest thing is that it reads off my sd card no problem but when it was under the "kobo software" it wouldn't read off my sd card...

I bought this reader brand new... I used to be able to download from kobo but now the adobe books from kobo don't work on it... I have reset it to the factory settings and I have done the firmware updates (for canada), & it still comes up with B&N .... so strange
Old 03-18-2011, 01:21 PM   #4
wolfskitten

anyhow I took it back. I think i'm going to hold off in regards to pandigital for now....