Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #16
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
I decided to buy this program as well, so far working quite well for sorting my files. I was missing having a collection manager on my Touch.

FYI a quick google reveals a coupon code: 50freakingpercentoff
Same here, trying to manage them on the kindle for pc app was very exhausting and time consuming. Especially since I move books around a lot on KT. Though I do wish I had found that coupon before my purchase.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:46 PM   #17
bounce
Zealot
bounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Ipad, Kindle 7
Bought the kindlean program as well and disappointed it doesn't seem to recognize current collections built already?
bounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2012, 05:14 PM   #18
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 Touch, Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad
That's odd, I didn't have any issues with it picking up my premade collections.
Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:39 PM   #19
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Same here but for me they were easy to rebuild since I put them in folders based on their collections. And the program let's you grab multiple books, something else the k4opc program doesn't do. I have a few secondary collections that I have to rebuild but those will not be too hard to rebuild since I exported the lists from Calibre.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:51 PM   #20
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

I just opened it on my home computer, it recognized my collections but not all the books in them, whereas on my work computer it didn't recognize anything. Maybe it put a file on the KT.
Advert
Old 03-09-2012, 06:37 PM   #21
bounce
Zealot
bounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavens

I have them mostly sorted on computer as well so I'm going to revert back to factory settings (to see if that sorts freezes with my KT) and add them again.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #22
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
You have to root/jailbreak the Touch to do this I assume?
Where is the Kindle for PC app obtainable from? Cant find it
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #23
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
You have to root/jailbreak the Touch to do this I assume?
Where is the Kindle for PC app obtainable from? Cant find it
Amazon. You don't put it on your Touch, you put it on your PC.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:47 PM   #24
crescere
Connoisseur
crescere began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I classified several books into various collections on Kindlean. I then pressed disconnect Kindle. I physically disconnected the Kindle from the USB cord and pressed menu/settings/menu/restart. The Kindle restarted. When I looked in Kindle the books I already had in there were listed, but none of my collection names were listed, and the books were all just listed by themselves instead of IN the collections like I want.

What happened?
crescere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:33 PM   #25
crescere
Connoisseur
crescere began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I have resolved the issue in my above post. I was not selecting the Kindle Touch in the begining of the program.

I purchased the unlimited book program for half off. It seemed to work at first, but I kept getting the error message “Abort due to constraint violation column P_ location is not unique.” I would have to close out of the program, reenter and then reload the books into a Kindle Collection. In this way I eventually got the Kindle loaded.

Last edited by crescere; 03-12-2012 at 02:52 PM.
crescere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:59 PM   #26
bounce
Zealot

Bought it, working well so far
Old 03-16-2012, 01:38 PM   #27
Touch
Touch doesn't litterTouch doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
I decided to buy this program as well, so far working quite well for sorting my files. I was missing having a collection manager on my Touch.

FYI a quick google reveals a coupon code: 50freakingpercentoff
Thank you for the code. It worked.
Touch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:48 PM   #28
Talldog
Addict
Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KDX Graphite, Surface Pro
Every time I made changes with Kindlean, it would reset all of my "last page read" indicators, so I uninstalled it. Anyone else seeing that?
Talldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:21 PM   #29
Touch
Touch doesn't litterTouch doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talldog View Post
Every time I made changes with Kindlean, it would reset all of my "last page read" indicators, so I uninstalled it. Anyone else seeing that?
I haven't had any problems. Both free and paid versions.

With all the gadgets I have there is no reason for me to get a new iPad but for some reason when I saw you have one I am jealous.
Touch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:57 PM   #30
Talldog
Addict
Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KDX Graphite, Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touch View Post
I haven't had any problems. Both free and paid versions.

With all the gadgets I have there is no reason for me to get a new iPad but for some reason when I saw you have one I am jealous.
Let me tell you, this retina display is gorgeous. I don't read books on the iPad, but I read magazines and other PDFs using the GoodReader app, and the app was just upgraded for the new display. I can't get over how good PDFs look on it.
Talldog is offline   Reply With Quote